Sunday, March 27, 2011

Attempt #492 at trying to expand Justin's diet

Tonight's dinner table talk -

Me: Tired of Justin being so picky at dinnertime. "Justin, if you throw your food off your plate, I'm going to take your plate away. You can take a rest and try again."
Justin: Plate in front of him. Takes a noodle and drops it on the ground.
Me: I take his plate. "Justin, food belongs on your plate."
Colin: "Justin, you're going to be hungry later."
Me: Put his plate back.
Justin: Takes a piece of tofu and drops it to the ground.
Me: I take his plate. "Justin, food belongs on your plate."
Colin: "See, Justin, this is how you eat. You're going to be hungry later if you don't eat."
Me: Put his plate back.
Justin: Takes a carrot and drops it on his plate. I let him do that for awhile. (score!) Then he takes a noodle and drops it on the ground. (Ugh!)
Me: I take his plate away. "Justin, you cannot have any snacks tonight if you don't finish your dinner. You are going to go to bed hungry."
Colin: "Will he get breakfast?"
Me: "Yes, everyone can have breakfast. He just can't have any snacks after dinner."
Colin: "How long are we going to do this for?"
Me: "Do what?"
Colin: "This new rule."
Me: "Until Justin learns to eat his dinner."
Colin: "Is this how I learned?"
Me: "Yes."
Colin: "Justin, I think you should start eating your dinner so you can be bigger."

3 comments:

Lori said...

The best part is that the Colin has no idea how hilarious and smart he is.

Oh and... Justin does. He must know that this is the only time in his life where he can drop his noodles and have someone else pick them up. Bet Justin was smiling =)

Sarah said...

Oh dear!! haha. I know this was not funny then, but it will get better!! :D He'll learn and my goodness is Colin smart!

Valbona Bushi said...

Love the play by play