Sunday, April 3, 2011

Oscar Honeyballs Elwell

Meet Oscar Honeyballs Elwell. Aunt Natalie's older cat recently passed away - so to keep her other cat, Lohla, occupied, she decided to adopt a new cat. Somehow Colin got naming rights. Colin struggled with naming it, but eventually settled on Honeyballs. But surprisingly, Natalie didn't like that name too much. =) Natalie loves the name Oscar and would have named my children Oscar if I let her.

So everyone calls the kitty Oscar. Except for Colin and me - we call it Honeyballs. Thinking about Natalie calling from her front door, "Honeyballs, time to come inside"...well, that just makes me smile. Haha.
 Honeyballs is really laid back and lets Justin safely check him out.
On Saturday, Uncle Bill and Aunt Caroline hosted a small family gathering because Uncle Bob came into town. Luckily Cleveland had nice weather for his visit. =)
 Jack's cousin Sue with Ethan and Gavin.

Sunday, Brooke and Reagan came over for a quick visit to see Aunt Natalie. Here they are playing school - but the majority of the time, they were playing with Honeyballs.
Then off to dinner at Grandma's. Kids had fun with Sammy and Sarah. Justin ended the night bonking his head on a wall corner - and now has a huge walnut on his forehead. Lots of ice and graham crackers helped him recover.
Unrelated, the boys decided to bake cupcakes - so here they are. I wish I caught this on video. I swear they were talking to each other about what to do next to bake them. It was hilarious.

Overall, we had a great family weekend with Aunt Natalie!
The lowlight of the weekend is when I confirmed that our local track is actually 350 meters around (instead of the standard 400). So for the past two weeks, I've been thinking that my running is super fast - but in reality, I'm still a turtle runner. My big head is officially deflated.