Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yay for sun!

We have been busy. Work, over-time work, apartment showings and kids with lots of energy = tired parents. Luckily the sun came out this week to help keep our spirits up. Not to mention we had great dinner dates this week. We love our friends who love our kids and keep me sane.

I get home w/the kids around 6pm, and we usually head straight for dinner. But the since the sun came out, we made time for a couple laps around the block before dinner. Check out Colin's new wheels. It's amazing how many "hills" appear when a 3 year old is learning to brake. 
Alexis was the first to show the kids how to high/low five and fist pump. And now she's teaching Justin how to rock a pair of spiderman shades.


Drew & Mel came over for dinner, and we celebrated Drew's  birthday. Colin wanted to get Drew a pack of gum for his birthday present - so he gave it to Drew and said, "Can I have some?"
Me and Mel! Colin took this picture - I tried to crop and change the colors on it b/c C's finger was over the flash. =)
 Last minute, Jack had to work Saturday, so the boys and I headed to the Children's museum to kill some energy. First time Justin sat on his own in a chair - If you haven't thought it already - Justin is growing up fast.
Zoo trip - Of course, the train was the highlight - the boys even got a sneak peek at the elephants (I guess they're hiding the elephants in the back until they make their public appearance in early May.)
May this week bring more sleep, less cleaning, more energy and more of a commitment to running.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I don't have kids and I have the same prayer! You are a great mom and the kids are so amazing! Miss you tons!

Urban Farmer said...

Yes, Justin is growing up fast. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do this blog to keep us abreast of the kids! Love you!

Urban Farmer said...

Justin looks so cool with his Spiderman shades! Yay for Alexis.

CJ said...

Can't wait to play with Colin and Justin. Miss you guys!