On Sunday we took the boys to see Brave. Colin will tell you that this is his 3rd movie and Justin was excited to figure out what this whole "movie theater" talk was all about. About 2/3 of the way through, Colin declared, "it's too scary," and he & I left. Justin, the 2 yr old, was enjoying it so he and Jack stayed. We met back at the car and Justin said to Colin, "you scared?" haha.
Other updates:
Justin:
- Often tells me, "i like your dress mommy."
- Still gives me hugs, kisses and high fives before every "good-bye" and "good-night"
- Is daring and will try most things if Colin does it first
- Pretends to be "Baby Lucas" at least once a day
- Still is not open to trying new foods - but we're working on it. His biggest source of veggies are our spinach smoothies.
- Potty. He was highly disinterested in the potty so we introduced snacks. Pee gets 1 and poo gets 2. Worked like a charm and he lovingly and willingly uses the potty now! We're not potty trained, we just wanted to get him to initiate using it more.
- He is conversing and talking with everyone. I told him, "I think you have a rash on your leg." And he responded. "No I don't. No rash. I'm happy. Justin's happy" Smiled and walked away from me.
- If anyone (namely Colin) calls Justin a name or says he is something, Justin responds, "No, I'm Justin Elwell!"
- A common answer to "who loves you" is "mommy, daddy, colin." But after a week of Jichan living with us, it's "mommy, daddy, colin, jichan." The cutest little things make my day.
- Always has new ideas on parenting. "I have an idea. How about the kids can get snacks when we go potty and when we behave?"
- Gives Justin horsey back rides.
- Eats and tries any food we give him. At least once.
- After a week of family spoiling, Colin is having trouble with the word "no." (who does?) So we are working on non-tantrum like responses in those situations.
- Thinks that he gets to sleep at Grandma's house every week. And would live with her if we gave him the choice.
- Is taking swim lessons 4x/week through his school. He claims that he can put his "whole head in the water and sees stinky feet in the water." I can't wait to see him swimming for myself!
- When watching the US Olympic swimming trials, "Do you think these swimmers are faster than Jichan?" hahahaha.
"And this machine is for you to run fast and you won't get blisters. You just practice in here and you can run super fast."
"You put money in this machine. If you want a toy, then you pay $1 in the black box. If you want a train, you pay $2 in the yellow box, and $4 in the orange box for other toys. $5 in the green box for more toys."
Have a great, short week!
1 comment:
I enjoy all the quotes from the boys and Colin's machines. I am indebted to you for sharing every week. I don't know what I would do without my C and J updates. And Jichan would love to hear what C asked while watching the Olympic trials. =o)
Post a Comment