Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mid-Week Stories

Emily & Colin are friends in Colin's class. At school pickup time:
Karen (Emily's mom): Jamie, I have to tell you something.
Me: Yes
Karen: Emily told me that she really likes Colin. She told me it's because Colin is so nice to her.
Me: Oh, that's so good to hear. Colin likes to play with Emily too.
Karen: It's more than playing. Apparently he tells her that he likes her dresses and swim suits almost every day.

In the car, I ask Colin about Emily
Me: Do you like playing with Emily?
Colin: Yes. She's really nice. I like her a lot.
Me: What do you play?
Colin: Whatever she wants. And if she wants something I'm playing with, I just give it to her.

-------------
Justin loves his binkies. Just this weekend, Jack & I finally instituted the "binkies only in bed" policy.

On Monday, as soon as we got home from school, Justin took off his shoes:
Justin: Mommy, I want to take a nap.
Me: Ok. I will tell you when dinner is ready.
20 minutes later, I find Justin in his bed sucking on his binkies. Told him dinner was ready, he smiled and put the binkies down. Joined us for dinner.

On Tuesday, as soon as we got home.
Justin: I'm going to rest.
Colin: Mom, can Justin please come downstairs with his binkie?
Me: No. Binkies only in bed.
Colin: Sorry Justin. I tried asking.
Justin: (doesn't come down until dinner's ready)

On Wednesday, as soon as we got home Justin walked straight to his room. No talking. Stayed in bed until dinner was ready.  That boy loves his binkie.

--------------
We are all sitting out on the front porch. Jack & I are having a serious conversation about something.
Justin rolls by on his bike: Momma, you so pretty.
me: (all smiles) thank you, justin
Justin: Momma, you so pretty.
Me: thank you, justin (and we repeat this about 5 times)
Justin: See, you're happy now. (bikes away)

No comments: