Sunday, July 29, 2012

Enjoying the last of 2260

We have 6 more days to live it up at 2260 (our current house). I have become a bit more sentimental this week and am realizing how much I love where we live. It's a great house in a great area.

Our house is half empty, but my good friend from grad school, Amy, came by for a visit with her little one, Finn.  He's one of the happiest babies I've ever met! Look at Justin's hand - he loves babies.
 I am going to miss being 1 block from Cedar/Lee. We love our local ice cream spot, Sweetie Fry (serving the best ice cream and fries.) Justin's favorite ice cream is chocolate with sprinkles and Colin's is mint choc chip. We took advantage of the beautiful weather and walked up to Lee Rd to get ice cream and spend the afternoon at our library. Oh, how we are going to miss the convenience of having everything within walking distance.
Part of this transition is a huge purge...including the boys' bed frames. They'll be sleeping on their mattresses (on the ground) during the transition. As soon as we put the mattresses down, the boys had a jumping party. I love how the boys remind us to have fun in the midst of moving!
 
 
2260 memories: I'm going to miss sitting on the front porch and hearing the boys say "hello" to all of the walkers. Asking if they can go pet the dogs as they walk by. How comfortable we have all gotten with walks around the block and the boys riding their bikes out in front of the house. Our neighbors. Deedee and Christy live next door and they are always so warm and welcoming to the boys. And we will miss being so close to the Eskestrands just 4 houses down! How lucky we are to have amazing neighbors. Jack will seriously miss the people watching. I'm sad to leave and am not completely sure if we're going to fit in our new neighborhood. We'll definitely make the most of it - but we'll surely miss this house.

We've had a crazy couple of years, but we're hoping that this is our last move in Ohio. We're moving to a house with a great school district, and an amazing backyard. We have a ton of renovation to do in the coming months, but we plan to make an adventure out of the experience and try to remember to have fun every step of the way.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Jumping pics - Such lively spirits!

Amy said...

Yay! Finn loved hanging out with the boys! Can't wait to see you in your new place!