Monday, August 6, 2012

Still here...at 2260

Let's just say last week was horrendous. I have taught the boys to say "Charter One bank is not good. They are not hard workers and we do not like them." We did not close on our new house last week as scheduled. And the worst part is that it was for no reason other than our loan guy's laziness. I cried. I yelled. I threw things. I swore. I yelled some more. I aged about 10 years in 1 week. We canceled house appointments, move in plans, renovation meetings, and talked to our new tenants to change their move-in date to move into 2260! Oh, the stress.

My mom, the voice of reason, calmed me down and tried to remind me that all things happen for a reason. So with that in mind, here are some reasons why we are thankful to be at 2260 still.
  1. We get to be neighbors with our best friends, Alexis & Andy! They moved to our neighborhood and we love being within walking distance.
  2. Jack worked night shifts (some even 12 hours) last week, and it's nice not to have moved. He would be exhausted, and we would all be off-schedule and unsettled in a new house.
  3. Another week of living within walking distance of an ice cream store, library, coffee shop and a good gyro place.
  4. I got to watch Olympic swimming without the interruption of a move and waiting for the cable guys to come and set up the new house.
  5. That's all I could think of...
We're no longer setting a move in date until we get keys. I hit my low point and I'm just in "whatever" mode now. I can't believe these useless bankers are making money off of our deal. Jack says that he will "unleash" me as soon as we get the keys. I can't wait to give these bankers a real piece of my mind. For now, I'm still in "suck up" mode so they complete this deal! UGH.

And because life doesn't come to a halt when things go awry. Here's life from C & J's perspective:

Our house is much more fun with less stuff it in - just more room to play. One of their favorites is throwing every blanket and pillow down the stairs and making a hide-out.
 We also went to Memphis Kiddie Park to enjoy summer. They officially do not need mom or dad to ride with them on rides anymore.

 Justin loves the roller coaster. First, he rode it with Colin.
Then J wanted to ride again, but C didn't. So Justin rode with strangers. I thought it was hilarious. "That roller coaster has some scary turns." -C. And as we were watching Justin ride, you could hear Justin scream with joy! And when J finished his 2nd ride, "That's not scary." - J
 Sunday, we were supposed to have swim lessons, but it rained. So the boys had a swim party in the front yard. Waiting for it to rain and to splash around. Good to be a kid.
 So we're hanging out at 2260 until our loan guys decide to start working. Seriously, I'm not sure if we're going to get this house...and if we do, I'm being taught a good lesson in patience and creativity as I think of all of the ways I can deter future business for these loan guys. =)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ugh! So sorry. Hope things get resolved soon!