Finally.
In my hands, I hold our new house keys to 3211 Green!
Jack and I signed papers this morning and by the afternoon, I had the keys in my hands! When Jack & I were initially talking about whether we wanted to buy the house, Colin interrupted us and said "I can give you some of my money to help pay for the house." We accepted his offer. And at closing, we had his $9 with us. =)
Luck have it that as soon as we were headed over to open our house up for the first time, we ran into Aarti & family. They joined us in our new adventure and were there when we officially opened the door. (Yes mother, that is a work top and workout shorts. I changed out of my work pants for comfort. And that is what my hair looks like after a long day and humidity. I promise, I actually do look somewhat professional for work.)
One of the many great things about our new community is the pool. Or perhaps waterpark is a more accurate term. It's awesome. We already started swim lessons there and the boys love it! They even have a kiddie water slide.
The kids were a bit nervous and hesitant before meeting their teacher, Gabby. But she walked up to us in her lifeguard swim suit and flowing long hair. Colin immediately said, "I'll go first, mom." haha. He was doing back floats (with no teacher hands) and swim/kicking to her by the end. She told him that he could go to the Olympics - and he has not stopped talking about it since then. Justin also had lessons and has mastered blowing bubbles and a back float with his head on her shoulder. Oh, they love their Gabby!
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats Elwells! I can't wait to visit.
Isn't this like your 5th house?!? CONGRATULATIONS on your new home and your olympian in training!
Yes. but we aren't moving in ohio again. Even if we buy again, we aren't moving. So we feel like grown ups now. And after that loan process, I never ever want to go through a bank again. Charter one is HORRIBLE!
Post a Comment