Sunday, June 24, 2012

Jamie in Seattle & Boys having fun

I went to Seattle for 4 days and when I came home, I was looking forward to hugs and kisses from the boys. Instead, I got a "hey mom" as they walked passed me...As if I hadn't been gone at all! Keeping it real.

The boys loved their Alexis and Grandma time. I heard all about walks around the block, tickle monsters, water slides, library trips and snacks. Lots of snacks! haha! Just as it should be. Spoiled silly by loved ones.

Jack kept busy with work and the house. And I came back to his finished bench that he made for the boys' school! Pretty nice, eh?
I lived in Portland for 1 year and this Seattle trip reminded me how much I love the Northwest! At the conference, we got great reviews from our presentation and met new people. Walked to Pike Place Market almost everyday, ate fresh seafood (best was the crab!), visited EMP and Escala. Read books, got upgraded to 1st class on my flight home, and spent time with good people. It was a fabulous 4 days - albeit I did wish Jack was with me. Seattle is a great "date" city.  Oh, the conference had a gala for us at the EMP and we got to play in a band. That's me playing the drums. =)
Once I arrived back home, Jack had a fun day planned for us. Hiking, crayfish catching and picnicking. Love my boys.
 The boys looking for crayfish.
Justin had more fun throwing rocks. And we're not sure how this happened - but Justin is anti-dirt. He threw a fit when his shoe got stuck in mud. "Clean my shoe! The bottom too."
 And finally - we got one! Jack says that good gumbo requires 17 crayfish. Next time, we'll try to catch that many.
 Lunch, please!
Good to be home.

2 comments:

Urban Farmer said...

Glad you had fun in Seattle Jamikins. Drums, huh?

Good job on the bench Jack!

Love those boys, mud shoes and all.

Lori said...

Haha, you look like a natural on the drums, sis.

Thank you for posting happy Justin pics after the crying ones. The crying ones are hilarious (especially when the tears are over dirt) but they also break my heart a little. I love those boys so much.