Thursday: Impromptu trick-or-treat at the local stores in our neighborhood. The boys debuted their costumes this year...
Friday: Natalie drove in for a quick visit and we headed to our very first ice hockey game. Colin's favorite part of the night, "the cheerleaders." I was so excited to go, and I absolutely loved it! My co-worker dates one of the "mullet brothers" (team entertainers) and got us some great seats (row 6!!). She even got the mascot to come over and visit us. I absolutely love going to games!
Saturday was a day of fun..and was the start to another weekend of fantastic fall weather (albeit a bit chilly.) Started of with a trip to the Farmer's market - and mandatory caffeine for Natalie.
Then we were off to trick-or-treating at Crocker Park. Justin held his own and said his own "twick-o-tweet" and "tank you's" of the night.
A friend met us out at trick-or-treating. They saw the pain in Jack's face, and invited us over to their house to have a beer. So Jack had his fair share of fun at trick-or-treating too! haha. Thank you, Meenakshi - it was a great break in our day.
Then we were off to celebrate Reagan & Brooke's 7th birthday!!! Our beautiful princesses!
And lots of family fun together.
The girls showcased their cheerleading routine...and when they were done, Colin quickly stole their pompoms to do his own routine. "Mom, cheerleaders can be boys or girls." - C
Sunday: We took a break from trick-or-treating and visited the Farmpark...and it was a great visit. One of the pigs just gave birth and we got to see 2 day old piglets. By far, the highlight of the trip!
I was the one who told everyone that we didn't need a stroller. But Jack and Natalie did all of the work when the kids got tired. haha. Oops.
Then we had to say bye to Natalie. The boys are definitely going to miss her and their weekend favorite - watching online videos of kitties and trains. Justin woke up Monday morning asking "nah-ah-yee?" He just had the saddest look on his face when I told him that she went home.
Monday: The official trick-or-treat night did not disappoint. Leela + family and Alexis came over for dinner and a night of fun. The adults took bets on how long we would last - and Aarti won. We lasted over 15 houses and over an hour! (My bet was on 20 min and 5 houses. I was the big loser - but I'm okay with that because we have a ton of candy in the house!) Our cute crew - Leela as a cow, Colin as a bunny and Justin as Nemo.
We got home, and Alexis and Colin bundled up and waited patiently for kids to come. Colin's winter jacket = "I love it. I'm like a lemon." - C
As excited as I am about all of the candy in our house, I don't plan on giving much to the kids. It's just too much sugar, so I suppose I'll have to eat most of it. The things we do for our children. =)
Monday, October 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
5 days of Halloween fun!! Congratulations for surviving =o) I love the pic of you walking with the Easter bunny and Nemo.
Don't you think a pair of boots (the kind that go over your jeans) would complete that outfit? I need to get a pair of those trendy boots. Any ideas?
Colin and Justin look adorable in their costumes. You should have dressed up too :D
Post a Comment