ECEC hosted a math fair this past week - and it was a ton of fun. Different stations included using stamps to recreate domino tiles, rolling dice and identifying numbers, singing number songs, sorting small, medium and large pictures, predicting hold and cold items and more. Colin was so inspired that he created his own math fair once we got home. "Mom, I think we can invite all of the ECEC friends to our house for my math fair." - C.
It was a busy, busy week of work for us + Saturday for Jack. So we were excited to spend some family time together. The weather was fall-tastic (again!) so we took full advantage and headed outdoors. Off to the zoo..and, oh my goodness, we were in for a treat.
If you look closely, you will see the lion on the right devouring a groundhog. That poor groundhog wandered into the wrong area.... We did not witness the attack, but we did witness the aftermath - how the 1 lion didn't share his groundhog with the other, the other lion getting mad and ultimately, the 1 lion flinging that groundhog around to eat it. Jack & I wanted to keep watching - but Colin told us, "I'm ready to go now. Can we see the baby bears?"
So we went to see the new baby bears next.
My baby bears. Love them.
We also made a trip to Grandma's. Oh, how I love a little physical labor in the crisp air. haha. Actually, working outside was so peaceful and wonderful...but it is a lot of work. I have no idea how she keeps up with all of her land. We all helped with raking leaves.
Colin & Justin were the leaf crunchers. Can you find both kids in this picture? The boys always love time at Grandma's house. But today was special - great weather to run around, mandatory rolling in leaves, tractor watching, airplane spotting and brownies. A great afternoon.
We also sprinkled in a visit to the playground. What can I say? If Ohio gives us good weather, we've learned to appreciate it and spend every possible moment outside enjoying it!
Look, Justin can climb this now!!! In case you weren't aware, that's in the official "big boy" category. It's one of the first things he can climb that Colin climbs. He was grinning from ear to ear and was so proud of himself!
I loved watching him try and try and finally get it. So yes, I did take a video too.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what an eventful weekend. sounds like a lot of fun!! and congrats to J for his accomplishment.
Justin can climb all by himself. My heart is melting. He's growing up and I don't want him to. It's too fast.
Post a Comment