Monday, October 17, 2011

Anaheim & CLE weekend

A bit anxious and a bit excited, I boarded a plane on Thursday and headed to Anaheim, CA for 4 days! (work conference) Jack & I are so thankful to have great friends near us to help love and take care of the boys during these busy times. From all reports, the boys did very well and they had a blast.

Alexis picked up the boys from school on Thursday and sent me this picture. Alexis is amazing with the kids. She brought them home, fed them, played with them and put them to bed. Then waited til Jack got home to pass the baton. Thank you, Alexis!
Friday, the boys enjoyed a half day home with Jack and then headed to Evan and Drew's for a sleepover. Movie & popcorn: does it get any better than that? And Sarah worked her charm with the boys - every time they sleep at her house, they sleep an extra hour or two at night. Amazing! Thank you. =)
 Saturday, Jack met up with friends and took the boys to Rockin-R-Ranch. (the kid-friendly, farm part). "Mom, we went on a hay ride and I had cotton candy!!" - C

Sunday was all about Grandma. "Mom, Justin and I chased Grandma!" - C. And then I came home on Sunday night. I was greeted with....two boys who refused to get off the couch to give hugs. Justin, with a straight face, saw me and gave me his bowl and asked for more snacks, "mo pyease." I grabbed both of them and hugged them to pieces.

Jack is an amazing father. Enough said.

My work conference kept me busy - and I as much as I missed the boys, I truly enjoyed every bit of work and personal time on the trip. Highlights: hotel room that faced Disneyland and nightly fireworks, Annie coming to visit, amazingly fun and productive work conference, restaurant eating, and amazing weather.

Hooray for a great weekend!

1 comment:

Urban Farmer said...

You guys are so lucky to have such great friends! Jack, you're a pretty awesome dad too. A lot to be thankful for.... :)