Happy October! In our house, things go in categories...
family days vs. school days
healthy snacks vs. sugar (or special) snacks
daddy days vs. colin days (who gets to pick Colin's outfit)
...you get the point.
Well, we had 2 fun-filled "family days" this weekend. The next few weekends are a bit busy with travels, so we truly enjoyed time as a family of 4 this weekend.
We kicked it off on Friday. Friday night = movie night = happiness. We ended the night with a surprise visit from our good friend Lisa. She brought cookies over for us and we had a great time catching up.
Saturday = birthday party! We celebrated Carlo's 5th birthday and they caught me jumping in the kids' bounce house. Colin and I had a blast!
Saturday night = ice cream visit = happiness. As much as I love my frozen yogurt, Mitchell's ice cream is awesome and they have a train. Justin screamed "choo choo" about every 10 seconds during our visit.
Sunday = Fall Fest = a ride on the Rocket car.
And rides on ponies...
And baked goodies...
Sunday night = movie night again. The rule in our house is if you eat your dinner then you get a snack. Justin did not eat his dinner....so no popcorn for him.
Jack took the boys to a rental to fix something. Colin came back and told me...
C: Mom, we went to Amanda's. And daddy fixed Amanda....
me: oh, really?
C: Yes, he fixed Amanda's air conditioning.
me: (phew)
me: Today is Auntie Lori's birthday. Did you get her anything? (HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!)
C: No, I didn't buy anything. But I can give her one of my toys.
me: oh, that's a good idea. ("Colin is so kind and thoughtful," I say to myself.)
C: yes, because if Santa comes and we have too many toys then we won't have room for more. So I'll give some to Auntie Lori.
Pointing to Jichan in a picture.
Jack: Who's that?
Justin: ROAR!!!!!!!!!! (Jichan taught Justin how to roar.Yes, and Justin hasn't stopped.)
6:26am.
Colin: Mommy, can I come into your bed?
me: Why do you want to come into our bed? (half asleep)
Colin: because I love you and I want to cuddle.
me: Of course you can. =)

2 comments:
At first, I thought you were the 5 year old in the bounce house...then I took another look..its Jamiekins!
Justin sure loves his ice cream!
So glad you had such a great weekend wtih the family....miss you all.
Happy Birthday Lori!!!!
Still loving the conversations to the fullest!
Post a Comment