Colin & Justin were fighting and C got mad. He started throwing stuffed animals on J's head. Then C ran away to another room and started dumping toys out of a plastic bin. Jack & I couldn't figure out what he was doing. Then he picked up the bin, carried it over to J, and dumped it on J's head. I, then, realized that he had dumped all of the hard toys out of the bin. And only the stuffed animals were left when he dumped those on J's head. (Yes, thoughtful and mean all at the same time.)
----
Justin was riding a tractor at the farm and anytime a boy walked within 4 feet of him, he screamed, "NOOOOOO!" to scare them away. He didn't want anyone taking his tractor from him. We had a short little talk about sharing and using gentle words.
----
Colin loves to hum songs and then he makes me guess what he is humming. We all know how horrible I am with music, so the game usually ends with Colin giving me a hint, "I starts with twi--twi--nkle..."
----
When Justin is mad or frustrated, he walks over to the basement stairs and starts throwing anything and everything within sight down the stairs.
----
Colin woke up in the middle of the night and sleep-peed on me. (not sleep-walking or sleep-talking, but my son was sleep-peeing.) It was horrible and I never wish that upon anyone.
----
We now try to keep Justin's binkie only in his crib. Often times, he goes upstairs and asks to go in his crib. He has no problem hanging out in there by himself. But more often, Colin wants to get in and join him.
---
me: (I just put J in his 2nd timeout of the night)
C: Wow, Justin is having lots of time-outs tonight.
me: Yes.
C: I only had 1. and it wasn't really a timeout. You just told me to sit and think about being a good friend.
me: Yep.
C: And I was thinking about it, and I don't think I can be a good friend. I want to ride my bike in front of Evan all of the time. I don't like it when he rides in front of me.
me: Good friends think about others. Sometimes Evan wants to ride 1st too.
C: Maybe he can ride next to me so we can both be first. But if the sidewalk is not wide, then I'll go first until there's more room.
me: You can try that. But if you don't listen to your friends, your friends may not want to play with you anymore.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
these stories crack me up. love them!! i think my favorite is when justin throws thing down the stairs hahahahahha
Post a Comment