Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend adventures

A weekend of Elwell adventures... Ready...
  • Sleepover at Brooke & Reagan's
  • Tami (sister-in-law) & Jamie semi-annual date night & kids resale
  • Frozen yogurt
  • Patterson's Fall Fest
  • Dinner with family friends & Patterson's donuts

Started on Friday afternoon. We had a sleepover at cousins Reagan & Brooke's house. "Mom, I'm so excited, the day is finally here." - C, on the way to their house.

Nick took the kids, while Tami & I enjoyed 1 of our 2 date nights a year - which happen to always fall on the eve of a kids resale. You've heard me talk about it before, and this year, I decided to try and sell as well as buy. Long story short, I probably won't be selling again. But we scored on some good purchases. To give you a visual of all of the stuff... here you go. Can you find Tami? haha.

To treat ourselves after a long night of set up, Tami & I went to get frozen yogurt. I wouldn't stop eating, so here I am in mid-chew. Tami's turned to soup b/c she got hot fudge on hers. This stuff is addictive!



We had perfect fall weather all weekend, and on Sunday, we enjoyed a day at Patterson Fruit Farm. The Fall Fest was amazing and we'll definitely go again in future years. Lots of pictures - here you go!

First, you take a tractor pulled wagon to the Fest area.
Once you get there, there's a ton to do. We drove tractors, and my college tractor driving class came in handy (true story - I took tractor driving in college)
 We learned that they made "dwarf trees" so the apples are within height because it's a "pick your own" farm. Science is amazing.
 We ate lunch in the middle of fall wonderland. Pretty, huh?
 Colin rode a tractor around the race track.
 Justin drove and screamed "choochoo" in his tractor. And yes, he was screaming!
 Went through my first corn maze. Look at our amazing sky for the day.
 We met our friends..Arvindh, Aarti and Leela. The kids and their freshly made kettle corn.
 Aarti & me. While we were waiting for them to come, Colin said, "That's 4 +3. How many is that? We'll all be together." We love our family time together.
Arvindh and I annoyed the rest of the family with our picture taking. =) I think he wins paparazzi status because of his nice camera...so much better than my point n' shoot.
 Justin absolutely loves Aarti. He reaches for her and loves to cuddle on her lap. Oh, how it makes me so happy to see them together.
And we ended our day with muddy shoes, full tummies, and happy memories. Definitely going back next year! No pictures, but if you are thinking about going they also have horse-drawn wagon rides, teepees, sandboxes, playhouses, slides, playgrounds, face painting, pumpkin painting and a food area.
And 3.5 minutes into the car ride home, the boys were knocked out!
We rushed home, took baths, and headed out to dinner with friends. My camera needed a rest, so no pictures, but we enjoyed homemade calzones and Patterson's donuts. Perfect end to the weekend!

3 comments:

Urban Farmer said...

Fall is my fav season..lunch in the midst of "fall wonderland" says it all.

Another fun filled weekend; evidenced by the sleeping boys in their car seats.

I miss you all! See you in 6 weeks in paradise.

Valbona Bushi said...

I love reading all about your weekend adventures. Amazing you keep it all organized :D

Azarah said...

sounded like a fun-filled weekend!!!