The boys and I had a date night on Friday night. Waffle dinner and ice cream dessert. Mmm..
Colin's kindergarten put out a summer reading list, so we've been trying to get to the library a bit more often. I forgot how great their play areas are for kids. Did you know you can request books online and they just have them waiting for you when you get there? I feel old; they certainly did not have that service when I was a kid.
The library also has these things called Playaways. Pretty much books/songs on these little handheld devices. The kids loved them and played with them like they were their own iPhones.
No surprise here - we found ourselves at the zoo again. My favorite find was this tortoise - Jack assures me that Martha is a different breed and won't be this large. Oh, and what's a zoo trip without a train ride? Boys are riding solo now.
We had a busy weekend with family and friends too. The Virginia Elwells (Chris, Evelyn, Ben, Rylee & Mitch) were in town so we spent Saturday at Grandma's visiting with them. Made it out to the playground and ice cream store with everyone...always lots of fun! Argh - no pictures.
And on Sunday, we had a bbq with some friends. The kids were off on their own almost the entire night! They even organized a sleepover date for the next get together. I'm still trying to figure out if the sleepover is at our house or at their friend's house! haha. And is it odd that C & J wear their capes around like this? We've gotten so used to it.
One morning, Justin and I had a photo shoot. Love this kid.
The 1st picture of me in how many weeks/months? Thanks, Justin.
I tried to write down some quotes/memorables from the week:
Justin (Mr. "I'm three in a half"):
- "How does a dragon drink water if he has fire in his mouth?"
- In the mornings, Justin comes into the garage and sends me off to work. As I'm leaving, he waves his hand and says, "Bye, honey love." Cutest thing ever and it breaks my heart to leave him every morning.
- "Is your heart happy?" is what Justin asks when he knows he is being a good listener or right after a time-out.
- After school pick ups, Justin is usually the first to initiate, "How was your day?" and after I answer him, he immediately says, "Aren't you going to ask me about my day?"
- He can throw a ball better than Colin (and me). Seriously.
- He's still a bit more aggressive than Colin and initiates the wrestling, jumping and super hero running throughout the house. Seeing Justin walk is a rare sight - he's usually running somewhere in the house.
- It's less about what he's saying because he's past some of the fun 3-4 year old phrases. But when I pick him up from school, he schemes with his friends. I overheard him say to one of his friends, "Ask your mom if you can go to the playground? I'll ask mine. We'll meet there."
- He loves frisbee, soccer and swimming. Believe it - we have some interest in some sport-related activity! (and note, he truly takes after me - he's not really into ball sports. They require too much hand-eye coordination!)
- He catches every single discrepancy that comes out of my mouth. And boy, I have a lot. I'm convinced he could run this house if we just left.
- He's a fact-finder. He loves showing off new facts and quizzing people all of the time. "Do you know what part of your body processes sugar? Do you think it's wet inside of a penguin egg? Can you say hello in French?" And he has a knack for remembering the oddest things. "Do you remember when I was 3 years old and I played with that one truck? I remember Justin's birthday was on a Monday. Bachan gave me this toy when I was 4 years old."
- No other way to say this - but he's just big. He's 3'10"and over 50 lbs. Much more like a boy than a little toddler. A big boy that still likes to climb into laps and cuddle.
Me: Work is starting to pick up for me: August = Orientation and the start of classes. The beginning of the school year is always a fun and energizing time. Only difference is that this year, Colin will be starting kindergarten too. Hope I can keep it all together!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update....great summation. Can't wait to see you. Just got back from camping! See you guys soon.
Post a Comment