Sunday, August 11, 2013

Outdoor Fun: Picture overload!

We had a great weekend. Warning: this post is on picture (and 1 video) overload!

Natalie was in town and spent a long weekend with us. Nothing but relaxation: no big trips, no hoopla. Just good ol' fashioned fun...and take-out Thai food. We always have take-out Thai food when she's in town. And I've realized that it's the only time I have take-out Thai food. So good!

Campfire time is becoming a weekend standard. This time, the boys found their rain boots and ventured into the "woods." Oh, and they held hands. melted my heart.
 
 That's our bird book. So when Justin found a yellow feather, immediate research began.
 Then we were off to Tinker's Creek. Proud to say that both boys can hike up and down to the creek now. (Well, Justin needed a little "1-2-3 swing" help on the way back up.)
 Once we got to the creek, this happened. Good thing Jack reminded me to bring extra clothes for the boys!
 After the creek fun, we had a picnic lunch and called it a day.
 Who doesn't like a good tunnel slide?
  Picture of the weekend.
Did I mention that Justin has been complaining about his running shoes for a week now? His big toe actually broke a hole through the top of the shoe. I didn't think much of it b/c we just got them new shoes in May.  I finally took him to the store and found out that his feet are now 1.5 sizes bigger than they were 3 months ago. 3 months. Mom-guilt confession: I let him pick any shoe he wanted regardless of price because I felt so bad that his toes were crammed in his shoe! (Shoe size fact: Justin is 10.5 and Colin is 1)
 Ooo, we had our friends over for dinner and they brought fresh lychee for dessert. Mmm, last time I saw a sight like this was at the flea market in Hawaii!
Okay. So Natalie took the boys to the museum on Friday and sent me this picture of Colin. And because of this picture, I knew it was time for haircuts. So I gave the boys haircuts, and butchered them so horribly that Jack had to fix my mess. (Sorry, iPhone pictures always come up sideways in this blog. odd.)





Needless to say, the boys' cuts are on the short side this time. 

 Did I tell you we have a swimmer in the house? Colin took swim lessons all summer with his daycamp, and we're continuing them into the Fall. Little guy can swim about 20 yards (with a little teacher or noodle/floatie help). My dad was so happy that he sent Colin videos of himself swimming at a meet. =)
A short video of the boys having fun playing together. And to keep things real, I can also try and take a video of them fighting about something. We have plenty of those moments too.


To close out the blog, you get to create a caption for this photo! haha. Justin sneezed right in the middle of this picture. And I think Colin was giving us one of his teeth smiles, so Natalie had to loosen him up. Love this photo almost as much as the one with all smiles.
Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: