Sunday, August 18, 2013

Party, Party, Party



Friday: We got the weekend off to a fun start with dinner & shopping at the mall. Sweet Factory for dessert and we did a video for Bethenny Frankel. She is coming to CLE for a visit so she had a booth at the mall for people to take a video/picture to win tickets. I used the boys for cuteness points. Wish me luck! (Mom, that's what I look like in work clothes. and no, I do not pull my hair back all of the time.)
 Saturday: My weekend kicked off with a baby shower for my dear friend Myah. She had it in the penthouse suite of a building overlooking the lake. The weather was perfect... isn't that view amazing?!
 The kids went over to Auntie Uma and Carlo's house for a sleepover. They had a blast: pizza, ice cream, big kid cars, sleeping in a new room, night lights, and more. Thank you for a great sleepover!
 While they were at their sleepover, Jack & I headed downtown to celebrate his 20th high school reunion. His friends are the nicest people and he had a great time catching up with everyone. One of his friends, Heather, and I snuck off to the casino for 45 minutes. I won $80 at the pai gow tables!

 
Sunday: I picked up the boys from their sleepover and headed straight to Leela's graduation party. It had a peace theme and Aarti was so creative with everything. Here are the goodie bags she made all of the kids.
 
Colin, Justin and Leela are great friends. I tried to find the oldest blog post with our weekly dinners and found this picture.  So much fun to see the kids all grow up together. Colin & Leela are about 2 years old here. And if you look closely, Aarti is holding Justin in the background.
And look at the kids now...Leela & Colin are headed to kindergarten!
 After Leela's party, we were off to Grandma's. It's fantasy football season and Jack had his mandatory draft picking, beer drinking and pizza eating "meeting."

How many years have I been to Grandma's? and why have I never seen her apple trees? The boys loved picking apples and Grandma made applesauce for them!
 "Look mom, a real apple (with a leaf). Like the kind on TV." - Colin
 Then cousin time... they blew, chased and popped bubbles. Don't you love her backyard? It is so peaceful.

 But the best part was cousin time in Jack's truck.
 We figured out that they were playing doctor/ambulance. Justin was the patient, Sarah was the driver and Colin & Sam were the paramedics/doctors. Loved watching these guys play together.

 And then we came home to find Bony and Martha sleeping in the house together. Oh, you didn't know? I came home last week and the boys told me that Jack bought a 2nd russian tortoise (aka. turtle). Jack didn't like to see Martha lonely (he has yet to describe lonely turtle characteristics to me), so he got her a friend. Justin had naming rights, so he named her "Bony the Hope." Don't ask. We call her Bony for short.
I need a weekend break from our weekend of partying! Lots of fun times and we're all going to get some good rest tonight.

No comments: