Sunday, July 28, 2013

iPhone, family, broccoli

It finally happened. Bye-bye LG flip phone; hello iPhone. My flip phone stopped taking a full charge and it was a great excuse for an upgrade!
Then we enjoyed family time all weekend. One of our tenants left behind a wheelchair and it ended up in our garage.
 Matt + kids were in town for the weekend for a backyard camping trip. Tents + Campfire = Elwell cousin happiness
 
 We cooked out and I roasted broccoli for the first time. Ah-mazing! Mix with EVOO, salt and garlic. 400+ degrees for about 15-20 minutes. I don't know if I can eat broccoli any other way now. You have to try it!
Happy Birthday Ana! Nothing better than being surrounded by all of your cousins for birthday cake.
 To round out the weekend, a big win for Snap Circuits for keeping Alex and Colin busy for nearly an hour. It ended when Colin got a cup of water and went into the room with Alex..then the two of them started screaming "ahh, electrical water!!"
Martha was also popular all weekend and finally met many of her human cousins. Ana was obsessed and spent much of the weekend by Martha's side.
No pictures, but we snuck in another fun trip to the zoo. It's amazing how often we find ourselves at the zoo.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Fun looking cousin time and can broccoli ever taste that good? I'll have to try this roasting thing the next time it goes on sale =)