Cold. Not "scarf and hat" kind of cold. It's "my car won't start, I can't feel my fingers" kind of cold. Temperatures are in the single digits and with wind chill, my weather app tells me that it feels like -27 degrees. I know I am known to exaggerate a bit. But I'm serious. It says "negative 27 degrees."
Jack is on 12s again this week. But the boys have snow days and I took off of work.
Colin begged to go out and play. So when the weather was still in the teens (I can't believe I just said that), we let him out. That kid loves the snow.
Justin and I joined him for a bit too. We made a little sledding hill in our backyard. But let's get real, Justin & I aren't cut out for the frigid temps. We quickly came back in.
I've been shoveling... a lot. We didn't get a snow plowing service this year, our snow blower broke and and Jack is on 12s. Since my Plans A-C didn't work out, I'm Plan D. So I got my butt out and shoveled. haha. I've gone 10 years and never had to go to Plan D. That's pretty good, eh?! But seriously. I took this picture a couple of hours after I shoveled - you can't even tell!
So for most of the weekend, we were housebound. But at least I got to be snowed in with these two boys. =) Yes, that's a pillow case and Justin refused to wear clothes in the blizzard. (It's because he refused to leave the house though. Smart kid.)
Jack was home this weekend and set up a heater in our garage. So the boys went bike riding. =)
(Okay, looking at this pics makes me realize how stir crazy we might have been.) The kids blew up balloons and put it up on the wall. Kind of looks like our painting exploded. =)
The kids decorated rice krispie treats and for some reason they didn't want to eat them. So I did.
I absolutely had to brave the weather a few times (surprise bday dinner for a friend, groceries, dentist appts), and this is what I faced. Ugly, right? Luckily, I took some days off of work, so I'm home with the boys during these frigid days.
I have a gratitude journal and when the days are frigid, I find myself so very thankful for heat, friends, netflix, and boys who are a ton of fun. With all of that said, this California girl is ready for Spring. =)
Monday, January 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Geez, that weather looks dangerous to be out and about in. Crazy Ohio people. And you got the best pics of Justin and Colin in the pillow cases. I love them!
Post a Comment