I just unloaded my camera and have over 300 pictures from 12 days. Hahahahaha! Here's a sampling of what we did...
Walks in Golden Gate Park. Many trips to Stow Lake to ride the boats and feed the ducks. And we love GGP playgrounds!
Christmas morning! Santa found the kids and Jack was in charge of Christmas breakfast. M&M pancakes for the kids and eggs benedict for the adults. Delish!
Lori got her holidays mixed up and started making clothes out of the wrapping paper!! Can you believe that Lori and I haven't seen each other for an entire YEAR!
Academy of Sciences with the cousins. I love this place. They have an earthquake exhibit up and it simulates the 1906 and 1989 quakes. Pretty cool!
Joe's Ice Cream is where I grew up eating ice cream! (Yes, C & J are posing. Crazy boys.)
Kite flying and picnicking at Chrissy Fields. (yes, Colin is tall and growing everyday. He was 48" a month ago, which means he's probably 50" now. haha)
A trip to Oakland for the Oakland Fairyland and Oakland Zoo lights. What's a zoo trip without a train ride?!
My birthday picnic in the park.
And a birthday bike ride!
(we ran into free swing lessons in GGP. Mom and dad gave it a try!)
Then off to fisherman's wharf for my favorite meal - Cioppino at Sabella Latorre!!
Spending my birthday with all of my favorite people!
Lori snuck away a few times to take the kids out on date days. Here's a pic from their day at Play-well. The boys absolutely loved it! I spy 49er fans. =)
My grandma, dad and I finally checked out a new casino in the area. And if you ask us, it's a fabulous new casino!! =) It was the first time I saw single deck blackjack in a very long time!
My lunch date with my childhood friends, Kimi and Nancy! Nothing but giggles and laughter for 2 hours straight. So many fun memories of sleepovers and funny family stories. Good for the soul.
My mom does it all! She truly amazes me with all that she does. We love you!
My mom's amazing new year's spread! It was so great to see so many friends and family. What a wonderful way to start the new year!
What a wonderful vacation! We wish everyone a very happy 2014! Happy New Year!
I confirmed a couple of things on this trip:
- I am a city girl. City > Burbs.
- I love my crazy family. And it's a huge tease to only see everyone for 12 days.
- The sun does the body wonders. Elwells & Kuniharas = parks, hikes, picnics, bikes and fresh air.
- The boys have so, so many people who love them. They have no idea how lucky they are.
- Jack & Jamie date days need to happen more often. Yes, please.


1 comment:
You guys are so amazing! Thank you for spending the holidays with us.....craziness it was.
I love my kids...Jamie, Jack, and Lori. I am so proud of you all. Thank you for all your love, friendship, help, and support.
Colin and Justin.....looking forward to more hugs and giggles in 2014.
Post a Comment