Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Brrr..

Ohio welcomed us back with frigid temps.  Justin landed in a t-shirt and Colin forgot how to put on his jacket.


We had just enough time to stock the fridge after vacation, then the temps started to drop. So when the ski resorts close during a snow/cold storm, you know it's bad! The kids scored 2 snow days out of the deal. =)


When it was about 7 degrees out, Colin begged to go outside. The sun was shining after all. So I bundled him up and let him play for 6.9 seconds.
C kept saying, "I just want to lie in the snow." That boy ran and rolled. He loved every second. Then I had flashes of his body freezing and told him to come back inside. Justin kept saying, "Colin's crazy. Why does he want to go out there?" Justin wanted no part of going outside and I can't blame him.

The boys ventured out 1 time since landing back to Ohio - and that was to meet friends at the Children's Museum. They had been begging to go last month, so it was an easy sell. I forgot how fun this place is, but the boys have outgrown most of the areas.

The sandpit was a huge hit.
 Who remembers when I used to take Colin here all of the time? (Our 1st trip was in 12/2009!)
After the museum trek, the boys refused to leave the house. We all wore the same pajamas for 48 hours (or more). Don't judge. With wind chill, it was as low as -38. CRAZY. Jack braved the cold and had to go into work and work on the rentals. But when Jack says it's cold out, it really is cold!

So for 2 days the boys and I played. and played. and played. Snack eating, tv watching, wrestling and more. We even tried the experiment of throwing hot water into the air and because it's so cold, it evaporates. And yes, we live in a place so cold that the water actually evaporated in the air! My video didn't turn out though. sorry.

Two things I caught on camera were the plane that they made (J & C took turns being the pilot and I was the rowdy passenger in the back) and their lego city. They were so proud to build roads and driveways connecting all of their lego creations together. And I had a blast building lego city with them. Legos are so much more fun when you don't care about house chores that have to get done!
 It may look a little chaotic, but everything had a place...roads, driveways and helicopter landing pads!
We made good use of our 2 snow days and it will make going back to work that much harder. But my heart is still in San Francisco. This was Justin's good-bye to Auntie Lori. He has no idea that it may be over a year til we see her again. Sad. Lori's back in Hawaii now - you think we can convince her to come visit us in Ohio again?
Upside: It's a 3 day work week. Get it done. And to brighten your spirits, here's a video showing what happens when you give 2 boys new headphones on an airplane. =)