I took a couple days off of work and headed to the kids' schools for some fun events.
Thursday was Colin's kindergarten Halloween parade and party. Here are all of the school teachers as M&Ms. So much fun!
I loved seeing all of the kids in costume. But what was most surprising to me was the number of parents who showed up to the 2:00pm parade. That gym was packed!
Classroom party craft time and estimation games.
A decent wind/rain storm rolled through on Halloween night so we stayed indoors. Moms hid some treat bags and the kids had to find them. It all went so fast, so I only have the aftermath. =)
The kids all enjoyed giving candy to the 6 trick or treaters that came by that night. Colin even said, "I don't want to go trick or treating next year. I just want to do our candy hunt and give candy away."
Then on Friday, I headed to Justin's school to kick off November literacy month. Justin picked out three of his favorite books and we ended up reading all three! (Oh, and it was pajama day too!)
By coincidence, it was also Justin's day as the group leader. He did a great job at the calendar and counting days. I loved seeing him in front of the group!
Then I was back at Bryden elementary to celebrate November birthdays. (all kids with November birthdays celebrate the first Friday of the month.) Colin having fun with his lunch table friends!
Going "back to school" may not be the ideal way to spend vacation days, but I had a blast! Loved every moment and I'd do it all over again. Plus, I'm spending the last half of my vacation day blogging, eating their halloween candy and watching tv. =) haha.
Friday, November 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment