Sunday, October 27, 2013

(pre) Halloween Loot

What? Snow on our fall leaves? yep. October saw our first snowball fight and snowman!
 





Halloween goodies started with a care package from Hawaii! Nothing is better than snail mail. Really. There was even a pack of sour gummy worms with my name on it! Thank you!
 Justin has turned a huge corner with his food choices. Colin convinced Justin that adding furikake (japanese seasoning) to his rice, it would taste good. Score! Justin finally eats rice! We all know how embarrassing it was for me to have a child who didn't eat rice. =)
 Leela/Aarti weekly dinners are still going on. The kids made monkey munch for a special Halloween treat. (yes, monkey munch twice in two weeks.)  So easy and so good!
 Our first official trick or treat of 2013 was on Friday. Our old neighborhood (Cedar/Lee) hosted a t-or-t at all of the small businesses. The weather even warmed up for the afternoon! (This year, Justin chose Captain America and Colin wanted the same.)
 The monster garage was the most fun. They had an air compressor in the candy bin - scared the boys a bit. They took their candy and ran!
 Our marble run has been getting a ton of use lately. A huge hit. Also, Colin found this happi in the house and wore it all day.
 Craft time. They went to the craft store and bought their own projects with saved money. Justin bought a paint project and Colin bought rainbow loom rubberbands. Who wants a bracelet?
 Paint time gone wild.
 
 Then we were off to Grandma's. She made all of the grandkids winter hats this year. The kids got to choose which animal and she made them custom to fit their little heads! I didn't know - but C & J both chose dinosaurs! Matching backpacks to go with their hats. She did a great job on all of the designs!
 The kids didn't want to take them off. Justin, as usual, was asleep 4.5 minutes into the car ride home.
 Trick or Treating #2 was on Sunday at the mall. It was my first mall t-or-t experience, and let me tell you, this was the best surprise I could have asked for. Indoors, good lighting, little walking, restrooms, benches, warm, nice people. All great conditions for a fun trick or treating afternoon! I'm officially a suburbanite.

 Beachwood does a great job at hosting kid events, and Halloween is no exception. Games, treats, non-candy prizes, friends, fun. Loved it!
 C & J and Koki & Katsuki. Look at that - matching brothers!
Each kid got 1 donut hole as a snack. Justin would only play one-armed games until he was done with his donut hole. He just refused to play any game that required 2 hands.
 The day ended with a birthday party for one of Colin's classmates. The host graciously invited Justin to come as well and both boys had a lot of fun!

 After the long weekend, we all came home and dove into the Halloween loot. And you're right, it's not even Halloween yet.
Ones I remember...
Me: Colin, do you want your brother to come to the party with you or do you want to play alone with your friends?
Colin: I want Justin with me. We can play with them together.


Colin: Mom, I want to learn different languages.
Me: What are you talking about?
Colin: I want to count to 10 in different languages.
Me: How many different languages?
Colin: As many as my brain can remember.
(That night we did English, Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish and French. We decided that Korean was very difficult for us to pronounce.)

Justin: Colin, are you listening to me?
Colin: Yes.
Justin: Hold your brain together so you don't forget what I'm saying.
(I forgot how much I love 3 & 4 year old talk.)

At Justin's parent/teacher conference, the teachers reported that Justin was an "angel" and a great listener, helper, etc. Then,
Teacher: He tripped a 5 year old boy.
Me: What??
Teacher: The 5 year old boy was annoying all of the children and when Justin thought nobody was looking, he tripped him.

Getting ready for grandma's house.
Justin: I'm bringing Grandma my lizard. (the one that he bought with his own money.)
Me: Oh, do you think Grandma likes lizards?
Justin: Yes. because it's from me.
Me: Oh. How about we bring her a picture and a lizard and let her choose?
Justin: She's going to want my lizard.

Colin: I don't have anything to bring Grandma.
Me: What do you want to give her?
Colin: (after much thought) Justin, can I have some of your candy to give to Grandma?
Justin: ok.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hahahah, C asking J for candy for gma. LOL.

Woah, since when was there pre-halloween festivities and so much of them!!! Looks like so much fun and that monkey crunch makes my mouth water.