On any given day, this is what the 3 boys look like if anyone says, "look, a bird."
Justin's class made an apple tree and after describing it to Colin, we had to make an Elwell tree. Ours has names of friends and family on it. If you want your name on it, stop by for a visit. =)
"I'm a fireman." - J. And both boys can take a shower, but they prefer playtime in the bathtub.
Colin made airplanes with a drill gun for both he and Justin. Jack taught him well - drill bits and screws. Nice job, boys!
The boys and I went for an after-dinner bike ride/stroll. Somehow we ended up at Starbucks (completely my mother's influence.) Yes, they are on pink and purple bikes - and they love it. And yes, Colin still has training wheels - Jack & I are a bit too lazy to do the holding & running thing to teach him how to ride without them. Maybe next year?
Elwells still fly.
Oh, one of the highlights this weekend was our apple picking trip! It was our first time and we loved it. Pick any apple and it was $1/lb. We had a blast, and the view was incredible.
While we were picking apples, we stumbled across a soccer game. Sat and watched for a bit. Look at those trees!
Our apple picking loot. Justin's favorite part was the donuts and Colin's favorite part was picking apples. Does anyone else cut donuts into fourths so you can try more than just one?
Impromptu family dinner. "Mom, can I have the hot dog with no hot dog?" - Justin's way of asking for a hot dog bun.
Boney has been lonely ever since Martha ran away. She barely comes out of her house and is hardly eating anything. We took a better look at her, and realized that she even had poop stuck on her shell - hence her kitchen sink hose down. In better news, Boney is getting a friend next weekend (when her friends are 50% off at the pet store.)
We had another fun playdate with Koki and Katsuki. The boys all have so much fun together. Fumie even brought over some homemade onigiri and karaage to share for lunch. Delish! She loved my tomato basil soup and I had to break the news to her that I got mine at Costco.
Jack and I had date night. We had a rough start when Jack tried to take me to Orvis (a fly fishing store), but we made up for it when we went to Paladar. Guacamole was just the start of the feast. =)

I think these pictures make us look busier than we really are. Pretty relaxing weekend altogether.
- Jack had a boys weekend and camped out with friends and then ran a half marathon. He's superdad.
- Justin's class has been playing "scientist" with foods and trying new things in class. And the payoff has been HUGE at home. Justin ate dinner bacon (ham), turkey, peas and meat lasagna. It's been amazing!
- Colin is mostly quiet about school happenings and we're trying not to be too pushy with questions. But last week, I found out that kids ask him to arm wrestle on the school bus. He won't wrestle anyone he knows he'll lose to...he said he arm wrestled one girl and won. Is this standard in the school bus world? Oh, and he taught himself how to whistle. He whistles all.of.the.time.
- Jamie is thinking about exercising again. haha. In all seriousness, I'm loving our slower pace and truly enjoying my time with C & J. Life is good. But really, I'm thinking about exercising too.







4 comments:
Nice living room plant. Cool pics of the boys flying!
Was Colin really screw driving that plane together or pretend?
Really screwing them together. Two boards criss-cross and calling it an airplane. Yes, he can do it. Coo, right?! *jamie
I look forward to reading your new blog entries weekly. Thanks for taking the time to do this Jamie. I feel like i'm right there with you. Poor Boney! :(
Post a Comment