Sunday, November 10, 2013

SF for 48 hours

I flew (solo) to San Francisco for a quick 48 hour trip for my Auntie Kiyo's funeral service. She past away about 2 months ago but the services had to be postponed til this weekend. Some of my cousins also made the trek, so it ended up being a very nice family weekend.

This is my Auntie Mary, Uncle Frank and mom.  And cousin Tyler. Lots of activities around the service, so I don't have any other pictures of family time. boo.

Somehow, I was able to sneak in quite a bit in those 48 kid-less hours. San Francisco ordered up 70 degree, sunny weather for the weekend.
 Stow Lake is a 10 minute walk from my parent's house. And I took the opportunity to run for the first time in a year, maybe?

You can't see it, but lots of surfers out in Ocean Beach and a sand castle competition was going on.
 My dad's first selfie.
 Time with Grandma.
Lots of good eats and I even got to see my bff's, Lin-Shao, new house! And she rides this scooter to work everyday. How cool is that?







Spent quality time with my nephew, Milo. =)

 I am fully aware that I'm spoiled silly when I go home. I actually left some clothes at my parent's house so I would have enough room to fit all of these goodies in my suitcase! Thank you everyone.
All of this time in SF made me more homesick than I could imagine. And after 10 years, you'd think that I wouldn't get homesick anymore.

1 comment:

Lori said...

hahaha you brought home kaki and manju. lol, if you could bring home geisha float and vietnamese sandwich you so would. hahaa