Me: Your teachers said you were a good listener today.
Justin: Yep, I think it's because I ate bacon for breakfast. Daddy should make more bacon.
Day 2
Me: How was your day?
Justin: I was a good listener. And I didn't even eat bacon for breakfast.
Justin: Do you remember when I was a baby, and a falcon picked me up and flew away with me?
Me: No, I don't remember that.
Justin: It happened.
Me: Justin, you need to eat your edamame if you want applesauce.
Justin: No, I don't eat that (and never has. He only pops them out for C to eat.)
Colin: I have an idea. Once you pop them out, dip them in salt. If you have enough salt, you can't even taste it.
Justin: Ok (and proceeds to swirl his edamame in salt. and eats it.)
*and just like that, edamame (and salt) are now added to the 4 other things that Justin will eat in life. Baby steps.
*If Justin ever tells you that he wants a hot dog or hamburger, don't be fooled. He only wants the bun.
----
We had a busy weekend. Almost too busy. Expect to find us at home recovering for the next few weekends. Here's the line up of our weekend outings (or at least what pics I found on my camera).
Birthday party for our good friend Howie.
Who thought that a soccer game with 3-5 year olds was a good idea? It was mass chaos - but the kids didn't seem to care.
Off to Patterson's Fun Fest with our friends Eli and Julian. The boys loved this place: tractors, bike tractors, slides, playground, hay area, corn mazes, horse drawn wagon rides, pony rides, food, kettle corn, and play houses. Not to mention a beautiful, clear Fall-is-almost-here kind of day!
The boys declared this playground Jack's new project. haha.
Family day. Today, my mother-in-law reminded me how close C & J are. I sometimes forget that not all siblings are this close. C & J are really good buddies and do a ton together. It's a nice life.
We didn't feel right buying pumpkins this early. Maybe on the next trip...
Then we finished off the weekend with a birthday party for cousins Sam and Sarah (who are 7 and 5 now! where has the time gone?!)
Justin found this helmet and immediately asked for one. A blue one. I asked C & J which position they would want to play if they played football. Justin: "the one running with the ball." Colin: "the coach." Their answers describe their personalities perfectly.
Cousin time.
Cake time.
Other highlights:
- Colin is slowly adjusting to kindergarten and making a couple new friends. He finished up swim lessons and can essentially jump off the starting block and kick/paddle across a pool. He's happy and comfortable. We'll start them again in the Spring.
- Justin's confidence is growing as he gets more alone time with Jack/me with our new drop off/pick up schedule.
- Jack is running again - he has a race in mid-October. Stay tuned for his next project - he has something fun in mind for the boys.
- Jamie has been eating clean. Then this past week happened, and I've never believed "you are what you eat" more than I believe it now. I haven't felt this tired and sluggish in a long time. Back to eating clean... (eating clean doesn't mean anything strict/specific. Just healthy foods, mostly vegetarian.)
No comments:
Post a Comment