Sunday, September 22, 2013

Football & Trucks

A weekend full of football and trucks. And I thought I was in charge...

Justin has been asking to go to another Beachwood football game. Football and a fun band-half time show.

Jack took the boys once before and it was easy to see why they loved going to "football games." They walked in and immediately got their popcorn and "coke." (I don't know why, but they call any sports/soda drink "coke.") They found a seat and enjoyed an hour of football, band and people watching.
Father and sons.
Sunday was Beachwood's annual "truck" day.
 Justin's face says it all. Justin wanted to drive every tractor, truck, snow plow and garbage truck in the place.  Most of the time, Colin didn't even want to drive. He just waited for Justin.

 The Bwood people are very creative. Look at this drive in movie theater set up they had for kids.
 C & J ended up in the same car. I think they are just more comfortable together....until one of them squishes the other and they demand to get out. haha.
 They had a fun race track where kids could bicycle through...
 The boys went a handful of times.
 And the highlight was this tractor that had front and back steering areas. Perfect for brothers who want to do most things together.

We'll be back again next year!

Other weekend happenings: Jack had to work on Sat & Sun but still managed to make us homemade salsa. Mmmm.. I made pulled pork for the first time and Jack declared it a winner. Justin is congested and we're all crossing our fingers that he clears up this week. Colin takes after Jack and is constantly asking me if he can build things around the house: "Can I hammer this into the door? Look I made a zipline. Mom, I can't find dad's screwdriver. I only hammered two nails in this wall...Dad said I could."

As for me, I'm excited it's officially fall. I bought a new scarf and wore it all weekend. =) It's my favorite season and I'm looking forward to crunchy leaves, beautiful colors, big bowls of chili and those sunny, crisp air days.

2 comments:

Lori said...

"Can I hammer this into the door?" LOL "Dad said I could" LOL And Justi's face does say it all. You should buy it for him

Urban Farmer said...

Fall is here......looking forward to it. My favorite season in San Francisco.

So much to enjoy......