Monday, June 3, 2013

Retired!

No, Jack's not retiring. And I'll probably never retire.

Mom Elwell is officially in retirement land. Congratulations!!!

When I told Colin, it went something like this...
Me: Congrats, Happy Retirement!
Mom: Thanks.
Colin: What does retirement mean?
Me: It's when you don't have to work anymore.
Colin: But she still has to clean the house and do that work. So she's not retiring.
Mom/Me: (good laughs). yes, smart kid. you're right. the housework never stops!

Dinner party fun and we wish you a retirement full of happiness and wine drinking on school nights!(Grandma picture courtesy of Justin.)

In other news, I went lap swimming for the first time in forever. 1500 yards and I called it quits. Also took the kids for their first trip to the Beachwood pool. Good fun!

We stayed in the splash area and kiddie area for our 1st trek.

Here are a couple shots of the rest of the park.  I am very much looking forward to spending our summer here. Guests are welcome! Just let me know. =)

 And when you're all done, towel up and relax.

4 comments:

Urban Farmer said...

Congrats Peg on your retirement from school....not from housecleaning! Colin is so funny! :)

That's a pretty cool pool playground! Remember the sunscreen!

Lori said...

Is Justi wearing your sunglasses?! Hahaha too cute.

Melissa said...

I would LOVE to hang out at that water park... have fun!!!

Jamie Elwell said...

Yes, j is wearing my shades. And Mel, you have an open invitation to visit anytime!