Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend updates...

Off to the Greek Festival. It was fun but all Justin wanted was his yanyan. And all Colin wanted was to see the policemen. Maybe we'll picnic outside of a police station next time.
 Went to check out the rest of the Farmpark. (Remember? It's the same place that I milked a cow.)
 The boys had the tractor wagon all to themselves. They drove us all around the back parts of the Farmpark and, basically, wherever we wanted. Such a great team of people working there!
 We checked out the Plant Science Center which had tons of cool learning areas for kids. And they were growing tomatoes, basil, parsley and more in their hydroponics lab. Mom, you can try this next!
 Of course, the animals are always the boys' favorite.
 A special treat - the boys learned how to make ice cream! And then they got to eat it! So cool.
 We also made a short trip to the Children's Museum. I've been trying to run more - so the boys were running like mama!
 Justin is at the perfect age to enjoy the museum. Finding chairs to sit in...
 And beds to sleep in. He made Colin sleep with him here... "Ca!" and pointed his finger to the bed. Colin is a great big brother and listened. =)
And there you have it - an Elwell weekend.

8 comments:

Urban Farmer said...

Sounds like another great weekend for the Elwells! Miss you all.

Melissa said...

I love the picture of you and Jack on the saddles! the one of Justin in the chair is also adorable. Colin, great job listening to your brother! Miss you all!

Lori said...

Did you delete my post?

Lori said...

I had said..... "Ca! Ja!" and pointed to the floor. Come here! ... as in Hawaii-here. =o) Love that Justin did that to his Ca.

And I love that fist-full of yan yan. That face... so cute I just want to rub my face all over it.

Lori said...

Tell Jack that it doesn't take THAT much effort to smile.

And that's so funny... baby treadmill to run on like mommy does.

Lori said...

I love how close Colin and Justin sit next to each other when they have so much space to spread out. They rather be close.

Also... is Colin's one hand pulling you and the other making ice cream? What's the story behind that one?

Urban Farmer said...

yeah, Jack, smile!!! haha
I love the picture of the boys sleeping next to each other...looks just like at home!

Tsk, tsk, tsk...the tomato plants don't look that healthy...not like mine! :) Actually, I may want to want hydroponics or a greenhouse. Will check into it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dear Auntie Lori,

Yes, I am holding mom's hand while making ice cream. Sometimes I like it when she's near me when I do new things. And if I don't hold her hand, she likes to walk away from me. So to keep her close, I have to hold her.

If you were here, I'd hold your hand.
Love,
Colin