It was Jack's birthday weekend - and we did a little bit of everything...
Jack banned me from cutting Colin's hair and has been taking him to his hair cutting place ever since. He told me that Colin doesn't cry at all - and this weekend, I found out why when Justin & I joined them for their haircuts.
First, you get to sit in these leather recliner chairs and watch TV while you wait.
And when it's your turn, these young ladies in clubbing outfits cut your hair while you watch TV.
I'm not completely sure how I feel about this yet. Oh, and the place is called Lady Jane's.
You must be wondering, what else could they do that tops Jack taking Colin to that place?
Well, I milked a cow.
haha. You think I'm joking, but I'm not.
We checked out the Lake Metroparks Farmpark. It was a fabulous time - see for yourself...
We saw all of your expected farm animals - goats, sheep, horses, llamas, alpacas & pigs. But they had a few surprises that just made our day.
A rainbow dyed sheep!
A Clydesdale - a.k.a. HUGE HORSE.
And when we weren't paying full attention, Mr. Clydesdale horse tried to eat my child. Justin freaked out - as anyone would have. Holy crap, right?!
Oh, and we saw pigs!! Have you ever seen a pig this big? Colin learned that his breakfast favorite, bacon, comes from pigs. He was a bit confused and concerned about this new information.
And, have you ever seen a rabbit this big?
Can you find Justin? They had a fun, air-conditioned playroom to help us escape the heat for a bit.
I wish I had more pictures of our adventure - a wagon pulled tractor ride, a machinery building that we didn't even get to visit, a playground/picnic area, and I think there's more there that we can't wait to check out the next time. We're members now.
We ended our weekend with more chainsaw and water time at Grandma's. Jack = chainsaw; Boys = water; Me = lounging!
And in honor of Jack's birthday, he requested no pictures. But we all know that I'm running this show. So Happy Birthday, love! (my handsome husband in a non-orange shirt!) hahahaha.
Don't judge us -- we didn't give Jack a half eaten cake for this birthday. We just sung happy birthday to him twice.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
SO funny! Now I want to go. And have a super huge horse try and eat my child....hahaha! Justin's face is priceless in that picture, by the way!
I just clicked the horse/Justin picture to enlarge it to see Justin's face. My poor baby! Also, that horse is so beautiful. Same hair color as Justin's..probably thought Justin was his! haha
Oh yeah, no comment on the hair cutting place.
Love the hairdresser clubbing outfits. haha
And I would have died if that horse tried to eat my kid! Those things are huge! Poor Justin. :)
Another place to visit in Cleveland!
Post a Comment