- Enjoyed lunch at Grandma's. Jack & I ended up falling asleep, and Grandma played with the kids and Justin mastered climbing up and sliding down the slide. What a fabulous impromptu nap. Best ever.
- Spent the afternoon at Gary & Tara's party and saw lots of Jack's friends that we haven't seen in forever. It was great to catch up with everyone!
- Checked out the Children's museum and their new space exhibit. Awe-some. Both boys loved flying in the new rocket ship and driving the moon car!
- Had a fabulous dinner at Colin M.'s house. (Colin's friend from school and part of the reason why Colin will spell his name with an "E" at the end. His name was "Colin E" for about 6 months while both Colin's were in the same class.) In any case, the night ended with us parents finding the Colins in the corner of their living room in the middle of a sand pile. They had emptied out a pillow that had sand/grains inside. When Jack walked up to them, our Colin put his finger over his lips and said, "shhh." Meanwhile, Justin's highlight was riding Colin M's scooter. Looks like we'll be on a hunt for a scooter for Justin this summer!
You know you're not in San Francisco anymore when you see this in the grocery store parking lot!
Colin absolutely loved driving this 4-wheeler around. Gary & Tara also have a big 4-wheeler and Colin got to ride it a handful of times. He loved every minute!
Justin was too little for the 4-wheelers, but he loved riding this car around. Other Justin highlights include him pointing up to the sky when airplanes pass, saying "please" whenever he wants anything, chasing Colin around, giving high fives and blowing kisses to everyone.
Pictures from Colin M's house. Justin on his first scooter!!
And here's the sand pile. Our Colin ran away as soon as he saw the camera.
And lastly, I ended the weekend with a first - I mowed our lawn. Yes, I mowed. I absolutely hate it when our grass is too long, so I took matters into my own hands and mowed the lawn when we got home. Jack took pictures and videos to document it all.
We're ready for a fabulous week.
6 comments:
I cleaned out my clothes closet and made lunch salad/veggies for a couple of days for this week..feels good and I'm ready for a great week also. Enjoy! Miss you guys! Tell Colin I'm using my brain.
I'm guessing that Colin wasn't running away to get a vacuum cleaner. Where did you find him?
Oh and I love the scooter pic. I imagine him grunting because he doesn't like the helmet, then you push him and he smiles because he loves it.
So we didn't use a helmet at Colin M's house, but we wear one at home and Justin LOVES it. I think it's because he gets to look like Colin. And Colin wasn't hiding anywhere - he just ran from the camera.
Colin knew he wasn't supposed to take the sand out of the pillow! He wasn't going to get caught on camera! Smart kid.
Is that the cow in the IGA parking lot on Bagley Rd.??
Post a Comment