I sent Colin to bed without story-time because he wasn't listening. He cried for about 20-30 minutes, then it was pure silence. I went upstairs after another 20-30 minutes and found him in my bed with about 10 books stacked up. Reading away, he looked at me and said, "I took deep breath-es and I'm okay now."
---
Me: Justin it's time to get up (Justin refusing to get out of bed)
Colin: Mom, if you're mad, you can sit down and take deep breaths.
----
Me: Making a smoothie before work, I splashed yogurt all over my black dress. I screamed.
Colin: Put his hand out and said, "STOP!"
Me: stop screaming
Colin: Take a deep breath.
Me: I'm curious, so I listen to him and take a deep breath.
Colin: Now Think! What can you do?
Me: So I took a sponge and started wiping the yogurt off of my dress. I tell Colin that it was a good iea.
*Glad to know that my child can parent me now.
----
Colin: "mom, how do you spell 'I love you'?"
me: I spell it out, then walk over to where he is to see what he is doing...
----
Brother moments:
*Colin giving Justin kisses on his hand, arm, forehead. So kind.
*Justin wanting to do everything that his big brother is doing. Including saying "why?" after I tell him to do something. We know he is just imitating Colin, but really, it's too young to start!
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He is too cute! I can see that he listens to every word you tell him and will eventually repeat it back to you. :)
Post a Comment