Friday, June 10, 2011

Rain = Modified Picnic Plans

Colin had a school end-of-the-year picnic planned for today. A huge rainstorm came through, and the picnic was canceled. Boo.

Well, the weather cleared up by dinner time, so we decided that the weather wouldn't ruin our picnic day. We decided to have our own picnic day!

Alexis joined us and we spent over an hour at the playground - Colin & Ethan (classmate) were running all over the playground. Colin ran straight to Alexis when he knew he and Ethan wanted a push on the swings. She couldn't say no, and the swinging began. Both boys know how to pump their arms and legs, but getting pushed by Alexis was obviously a better idea.

 Justin loves going down the slide and gets so frustrated when he turns around and realizes that he can't just climb up to do it again. Walking around just takes so much time!

 We didn't do a picnic at the school because it started to get a bit dark and windy. So instead, Colin said, "let's do it on our front porch." And that's what we did.

And that's how you make the most of a rainy picnic day.

And for those of you interested in another Colin story...
Jack worked until 3am last night, so I had to drop Colin off in the early morning daycare room, the Koala room. For fun, I always refer to it as the Giraffe room. Here's what happened...

Jamie: I get to drive you to school today!
Colin: yay.
J: And you get to go to the giraffe room.
C: No mommy. it's the koala room
J: Oh, you're right. How do you always remember that?
C: Because I use my brain. (as he points to his head) I have a brain.
J: That's good thinking.
C: Do you have a brain?
J: Yes, everybody has a brain.
C: Why don't you use your brain?
J: Okay, I'll try and use my brain to remember next time.
C: Yes, and you can use your brain for moving your arms and for wiggling your legs.
J: You're right. You're brain tells your body what to do.
C: Yes. so why don't you start using yours to remember things too.
J: Good idea, Colin.

No comments: