Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day! Our weekend festivities began with TRAIN DAY in the Metroparks.
 They had all different sets of indoor and outdoor model trains. And of course, we even rode the kids train.
 My favorite part was this lego set. The entire thing is made out of legos - including a train that runs around the entire thing. The pictures don't do it justice. It was amazing.

Jack wanted to try a family bike ride and crayfish catching for Father's Day...so off we went! (For the record, Colin insisted that he dress just like Justin!)
The boys scarfed down their chicken baos from my favorite place, Koko Bakery.
We tried to have a picnic lunch, but Tinker's Creek was too much temptation for the boys.
 They all started out looking for crayfish...walking in the river, lifting rocks.
 Colin quickly lost interest when they didn't find any under the first 5 rocks. So Jack took Justin out while Colin swam. I didn't exactly know what crayfish catching entailed...and had I known, I would have packed swim suits and water shoes for the boys. =)
 Took a break from crayfish catching. Jack taught Colin how to skip rocks.
 Justin desperately wanted to try - so he and Jack went off and started throwing rocks in the water.
 Later on, Jack went off to look for more crayfish. Meanwhile, Colin was in the water screaming, "I'm a Colinfish. Can you catch a Colinfish?" haha.
 My boys. Happy Father's Day, love.
 Love it.
 And to my dad - Happy Father's Day and we'll see you in 3.5 weeks! Put away the breakables! Love you.

2 comments:

Lori said...

What an awesome Father's Day! Your boys crack me up. Greg admires them too. I heard him say, "I'm a gregfish, can you catch me?"
Your fam. is so loved in this studio out here. Greg and I call each other as soon as we see that you've posted. When I came home from work last night, I asked Greg to leave me alone so I could hurry and finish a draft of a research paper. He replied, "okay but I'll just say one more thing" and he showed me his laptop which had the pic of justi and colin in the bike trailer. WE LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

In the picture with Justin and Jack standing in the water, it looks like Jack is teaching Justin how to relieve himself! haha