Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend festivities...

It takes a village to raise a child....

1. I was absolutely exhausted from work this week, and was not looking forward to the weekend b/c Jack had to work on Sat and Sun. Nick and Tami graciously offered to take Colin to Bay Point beach for me so I could have a day to rest. In the end, I decided to tag along, but all beach go-ers pitched in and I did very little parenting. Thank you for the break, and treating me like a princess! =)2. Natalie was craving Thai food, and hosted a dinner party later Sunday night. So after the beach, I didn't even have to worry about dinner! Thanks Natalie for having us over--food was delicious, as usual. =) The dinner party kids had fun playing and looking for Natalie's kitty!3. I cannot wait until work slows down so I can regain some work-personal life balance again. In the meantime, I am so thankful to have family here. I would not have survived the weekend without them. LOVE TO YOU ALL! I'm here to return the favor--just call. =)In other news--
  • Congrats to Brooke and Reagan for winning 1st and 2nd place for Cleveland in the America's Most Photogenic Baby Contest!
  • Lately, Colin has been asking for his cousin, "Ry", when we see a girl who is about 8 years old!
  • "ready, go!" is one of his favorite phrases. Usually followed by throwing a ball or running around.
  • "Walk, shoes, outside, open" is another phrase--and it begins as soon as he wakes up.
  • "Natalie's house, kitty" is also a daily ritual.
  • In our house, he's the best hugger, biggest charmer, and most confident dancer!

No comments: