Well, not forever. But since Wednesday, we are D-O-N-E with Colin's daycare. A series of issues, and Wednesday's incident finally broke me. He's home with us until mid-September, when he starts his new school. Jack is home with him until 2pm, and I'm working from home from 2-5pm so I can be with him from 2pm til night. If anyone wants to share daycare stories, I'm more than willing to share--leave a comment or email!
Since Wednesday, Colin has enjoyed trips to the
museum, naked runs in the backyard, bike rides, playground dates, and library fun. He'll have a hard time going back to school--and so will we! We're absolutely loving the extra time with him.

at the Greek festival w/Aunt Natalie...turns out Colin is a huge fan of Greek dancing!
Saturday: enjoyed the day at Grandma's and then off to Hunter's 3rd birthday party. Colin's favorite part was catching grasshoppers while on a wagon ride!mmm, cake.
Sunday: enjoyed the day at the CJAF (Cleveland Japanese American Foundation) summer picnic with Lisa & her brother. I made inari, chicken teriyaki, flank steak, wakame salad and edamame. Lisa made nigiri and spinach/miso/tofu salad. Mmmm, good!

an Aunt Natalie inspired photo... =)
6 comments:
Is Colin kissing the tree or playing "Hide and Seek"?
ha! aunt natalie inspired = kissing trees. =) Although, he is very good at playing hide and seek now.
Wow- can't wait to hear the daycare stories!
I hope the daycare stuff works out. I'm sorry something bad happened - it must have been a whopper! Enjoy the extra time together and I'll be sending you guys good daycare vibes!
Yum.... can I join the Cleveland Japanese American Foundation? (There are two major problems with that, I suppose.... :) ) Sorry you've had day care issues, but how fun to get to hang out with your little man! He's growing so big! We really enjoy reading your updates and I hope you all are happy, healthy and well!
Miss you!
Katie (And Trisha)
You always have such amazing food. I'll miss you :D
Post a Comment