Sunday, March 2, 2014

Squirrels = 3. Jack = 0.

Jack vs. the squirrels. Jack doesn't like the squirrels eating the bird food. His latest contraption was this metal piece that he wrapped around the post so the squirrels would not be able to climb up. I wish I could have taken a picture of Jack's face when he saw this squirrel up there. Next up, Jack plans to buy slippery stuff to spray on this metal. Poor squirrels.
 
 Jack was home this past week and we took full advantage of the family time. Off to the movies. When we told Justin, he was more excited about the popcorn, candy and soda that comes with movie theaters. =) Justin loved Frozen, but Colin did not. Within the first 10 minutes, a sister gets hurt and the parents die. So Colin & I left and snuck into the Lego movie (again.)

If you're watching the news, you know that this winter is brutal. Here are two pictures that are 3 days apart. We went from 6 inches of snowfall in one night to 45 degree temps almost melting it all! And as of today, Jack shoveled another inch or snow. Brutal.
 Brooke taught the boys how to play Candy Land! The boys love cousin time.
Colin & I were writing messages back and forth from my iPhone to my iPad. Here's Colin's first message ever. Love that kid.
The kids were passing colds back and forth to each other and it's been tiring. So tiring that I fell asleep before their bedtime. Jack said he came home to all of the lights on, the Olympics on TV and us in bed like this. Well, at least they put their pjs on! =)
Sorry - the camera hasn't followed us around as much as usual. Some highlights:
  • The boys loved watching the Olympics every night. We stayed up a bit later so they could actually see some of it. Ski jumping was one of our favorites.
  • Jack and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary! Babysitter and sushi night. Such a great treat. =)
  • Jack was able to pick up the boys early a couple of days this week. C & J were treated to a surprise Chuck E Cheese trip, movie night and wrestle time with Jack. Let's just say that this week will be a rough transition back to our normal schedules.
  • We went to our first Mardi Gras party. Our friends even hired sitters to play with the kids so the adults can enjoy a good time! Such a great idea. And now I'm jambalaya crazy. Delish!
  • I had to get dressed up for work last week and I couldn't remember the last time that I actually did my hair. Yes, it's been a ponytail kind of year thus far.
  • My body is getting old. I wrestled with the boys and hurt my lower back. Argh.
  • Jack is doing yoga and can touch his toes now. He's so proud! =)
  • And can you believe it? It's March already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it!

Christie Wilkerson said...

Catching up on your blog Jamie and just enjoy it so much. And I will raise your "brutal" winter with the 2 feet that we have had fall since yesterday….yes that is FEET on March 12th! Gotta love Vermont….we don't even have lake effect!

xoxo Christie