Lots of fun, and let's just say that, perhaps, I have not found my drink. I got a bit sick this time. Argh.
Lots of toys for Justin and this one was one of his favorites. A slingshot TMNT!
Both boys had "100 days of school" celebrations in the past few weeks. For Colin's, they asked that the kids come dressed as 100 year old people. This is the look that Jack & Colin came up with. Pretty good, eh?!
For our Aarti & Leela dinner, we tried a new popcorn/chocolate/m&m recipe. A nice Valentine's dessert. Delish!
And the boys and I woke up to chocolate covered strawberries and a flower from Jack! Perfect-o.
I learned that Valentine's day is like Halloween (and Christmas and Easter). Candy galore. The boys had a blast.
One month ago, Colin's school sent out 1000 sight words for the kids to learn by the 2nd grade. I told Colin that if he learned the 1st 200 words, he would earn a new lego set. And this past weekend, he finally earned his lego set! Proud boy and a big reward. #expensiveparenting
On the food front, Jack made us spam musubi! Delish. And I've been more daring at Trader Joe's and we've had lots of success. Macarons, honey mustard, wasabi seaweed, soups, desserts. Oh, so good! I love Trader Joe's!
In other news:
- We went to see the Lego Movie and loved it! Even funny enough for the parents. =)
- Both boys have come down with winter colds and it's so tiring for the entire family. Let's just say that Jack has come home multiple nights this week to 1 or both boys asleep in bed with me!
- The snow just keeps falling. and falling. and falling. Enough already!
- C & J play together all of the time. Today, I came home from grocery shopping and found both of them on 1 kitchen stool screaming, "Don't step on the floor, it's lava!"
- They are both so much fun and have great imaginations. I'll try to catch more on video and write down their phrases/stories. It's just a ton of fun to be around them! They can pretty much take care of themselves and they're full of funny/memorable moments.
Me: Justin missed you last night. He kept asking for you at bedtime.
Jack: Why?
Justin: Because I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment