Sunday, March 16, 2014

Winter Happenings + Squirrel News

It's still winter.

Ohio teased us and we thought Spring had arrived. Sunshine and short sleeves. Playground time and swings.

Then winter hit us the very next day. Schools were closed and it was a blizzard. Roads were slippery and our driveway was buried once again.

But C & J LOVE snow days. =) They stayed in the pjs all day and made leprachaun traps.
We still have our weekly dinners with Aarti and Leela. The kids really use their imagination during our dinners. =) Here's a wall that only kids can pass through.
We hosted friends over for shabu shabu and we made mochi for dessert. Colin ate his weight in mochi.

Even though Justin has been eating more foods, he still doesn't like shabu shabu. So he ate a grilled cheese (with chopsticks.) hahaha

And the squirrel adventures continue. This time, Colin made a squirrel trap and recorded his catch. I was out grocery shopping and Jack said he had no idea that Colin was making a trap until he heard the squirrel in the box.



Jack assures me that the squirrel was only trapped for 1-2 minutes. Then it managed to pop off the lid and escape. So thankfully, no squirrels were harmed in the making of this video.

2 comments:

Lori said...

where's the video!

Lori said...

I can't believe colin made that himself. I love how creative the kids are... I enjoyed the kids only tunnel on your steps too. AND the traps. Looks like so much fun!