Sunday, March 9, 2014

Stories & Sun

As promised, a few stories from this week:

One morning, Justin threw a fit because he didn't want it to be a "school day." Lots of whining and crying. I was in the bathroom getting ready and fully ignoring him. Then I hear quiet and Justin says, "Mom, can you just look at my sad face?"

Dinner table.
Justin: "Whenever I ride that bike, my butt falls off."
Colin: "Ooo, you said a bad word. You can't say that at the dinner table."
Justin: "Okay. My gluteus maximus falls off."

Dinner talk: The kids were trying to one-up each other about the special things that each of their schools has.
Colin: I have a really big gym and we can race.
Justin: I have motorbikes in my gym! Except they don't have motors. They have pedals. And they don't vroom, but you can pretend.

I let the boys sleep in my room one night this week (I was tired and didn't really care.) Colin started to set up his sleeping spot on the floor next to me. When I asked him why, he said, "It'll be harder for daddy to move me and maybe I can stay here the whole night." Smart kid because Jack said he took one look at Colin on the floor and didn't want to move him!

Justin earned a "kindness leaf" at school. The kids earn leaves on their kindness tree when they do something kind for someone. Justin gave up his spot as "line leader" for a girl who was sad because it was her last day at the preschool. (She was moving to a new one.) The teachers said that Justin easily gave up his spot so she could feel better.


I spy sun. I spy grass. FINALLY.
 Justin is not a fan of the cold. But the sun came out and Justin braved the cold temps. Kinda sorta. haha. (And I have no idea where our window screen went. Gotta find that before open window weather starts.)

 "Touch the snow, Justin!"

This is what happens when you realize mama is taking pictures of you... I especially like that face in pic #2. love him.

No comments: