Ohio gave us a grey, snowy start to Spring, so we skipped town and headed to Arlington, VA. Hello, Aunt Natalie!
Whenever we visit, she always has food (and beer) waiting for us. Thank you. We soaked up every bit of sun we could.
This weekend was Cherry Blossom weekend and tons of activities were going on. It wasn't peak blooming season though, so I'll have to go back to see that again. Activities @ the National Air & Space Museum -
Hands-on kids area.
Kite making (for Cherry Blossom weekend)
So we found out that Justin developed an allergy to cats (and Natalie has 2). So, we gave him some meds, which gave him an upset tummy. He was a trooper for most of the weekend, but his body was pooped.
Jack found pay phones. They weren't an exhibit. When was the last time you saw a pay phone?
Best lunch ever was at the National Museum of the American Indian - the Mitsitam Cafe. Bison, sweet potato soup w/scallop, blue corn bread, salmon, cactus salad, hominy salad, wild rice and octopus/shrimp ceviche. You just cannot go wrong with those choices.
Like I said, Justin was a trooper.
Went home and did some kite flying and sun sitting. Justin was feeling better! yay!
Hop-scotchin' in the sun.
"Can we go back on the train?" Metro rides are always a highlight when we visit Aunt Natalie.
This day we were at the National Building Museum. Impressive columns, right? Cherry Blossom decorating and activities. You know me, I loved seeing all of the Japanese stuff - I saw more Japanese people in 1 DC weekend than I do in 1 Ohio year.
The kids (& Jack) built tea houses. Colin had the idea to lay hardwood floor in his. He measured, marked and cut his wood strips - Jack taught him well.
Natalie took the kids on the trolley near her neighborhood...
Natalie & Jack. Thai food...
Aunt Natalie & the boys. Next time, I need to get a picture of the 3 of them - somehow I forgot on this trip.
Vacation donuts.
One of my favorite pics of the weekend - holding hands and walking to the train station.
Natalie, thanks again for hosting us and giving us a break from the Ohio grey. We hope your cats weren't too traumatized. =) Lots of love and we'll see you soon.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I was already thinking your Aunt Natalie/Virginia adventures looked amazing and fun... and then I saw the last picture!!!! I love how artsy it is and that it captures the boy's brotherhood!!!! =o)
What a great family trip! I missed this entry before. Love the black n white shot of the boys too.
Post a Comment