Monday, February 4, 2013

Slow Weekend + Soph-a-Loaf

Justin's teachers send parents daily pictures of what goes on in the classroom. I love it! I get to see their activities, friends and proud moments in class. And Justin and Sophie are next to each other (sometimes holding hands) for almost every activity. It's the cutest thing ever. Her classroom nickname is Soph-a-Loaf.

Me: Jusitn, guess who's coming to dinner?
Justin: Who?
Me: Sophie
Justin: Soph-a-Loaf McCarthy? (the kids know each other's first and last names)
Me: Yes!

Sophie, C & J have so much fun together. Colin built them a mountain to climb on and as a true friend, Justin even let Sophie wear his beloved Spiderman costume.

The weekend was nice and slow. I worked Saturday and didn't want to do much after. On Sunday, Grandma spoiled us with dinner and cookies...and taught me about iron-on patches. Why hasn't anyone else told me about these wonders?

The 49ers treated us with a thrilling 3rd quarter of the superbowl and the superbowl ads treated my sons to that awkward detailed kissing scene. Colin thought superbowl was baseball (but I'm not convinced he knows what baseball is either), and by mid-1st quarter he and Justin were pretend tackling and throwing balls. I'm still not convinced they know what football or baseball is.

I told you my goal for this year was to SLOW down. Well, I got a reminder to slow down when I was doing too many things and dropped my cell phone in the toilet. Don't ask.

Luckily, my friend was over who knew to put it in rice. Who else still has a flip phone? No worries - all is working and sanitized.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Soaf-a-loaf! Such a cute and endearing nickname.

Flip phones: now it's down to jack, dad, you, and me. Did you hear? ... Mom got an iphone. What's with us and our flip phones?

Anonymous said...

She also has an IPad......getting tech savvy!