ECEC's Science & Math Fair! Boys had a blast and the teachers were amazing to watch. They knew most kids by name (even when they weren't the direct teacher for that class) and hosted activities that were truly engaging. ECEC has been such a great experience for us.
Then we celebrated Chinese New Year! Lion dance and taiko drumming were are favorite acts.
Justin is at that age that everything he says cracks us up.
When he wakes up from a nap, I usually say something like, "oh, that's great that you rested."
On Sunday he woke up and..
Justin: I'm so great! (with his arms wide open)
He gave me a piece of food at the table and I didn't say anything,
Justin: Why you don't say "thank you" to me?
I picked up the kids and we were on our way home.
Justin: Mom, how was your day at work?
Me: I had a great day at work. I talked with people and helped them with their handshake. How was your day?
Justin: I had a great day too. I felt good when I listened to the teachers, so I kept listening.
On that handshake note, the kids wanted to learn about handshakes, so we've been practicing our handshakes every now and again. We're working on when you are supposed to stop and let go of the person's hand. it's hilarious.
Me: I have to go to the bathroom.
Justin: Do you need help?
Me: no.
Justin: I can get the toilet paper for you.
Me: No, I like my privacy.
Justin: But I want to take care of you.
For Colin, it's more about what he's been up to rather than what's he is talking about.
*Money & Bank update: He decided how much money he wanted to deposit into the bank (versus what he wanted to keep in his wallet for purchases). He counted his money and filled out his deposit slip (I helped, of course). Jack took him to the bank this morning and Colin did all of the talking to make the deposit. When I picked him up from school, he said, "Dad took me to the bank and I deposited my money. AND they gave me a lollipop!" haha.
And both boys together - for the most part they are great brothers. They get into phases where they hug and walk around holding hands. It's precious. Then there are times when they just poke at each other until one of them breaks. It's ridiculous. Colin is a master of whining when we are listening to get our attention. Justin hasn't mastered that skill but is more aggressive and takes and throws whatever his heart desires. When calm, they both can reason with one another and share. When excited, they just get louder and louder when they can't figure things out. For the most part, Jack & I just take away the toy, separate the boys, or leave them to work it out. For the most part, we find ourselves smiling at each other with how ridiculous some fights are or how easily they figure out other arguments.
And on another note, we received kindergarten registration papers last week. Yep, Colin is headed to kindergarten in the fall!
Monday, February 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the stories! It's so nice that you write it down before you forget...great journal. The kids will love to read this when they grow up. I know it takes time...thanks for sharing!
Kindergarten!!! YAY CoLIN!!!!! AHH!!
Post a Comment