We had a busy week. The kind of week that throws workout routines out the door and it's almost luck that you've made it to Friday. Ok, a bit dramatic. But we made it to Friday AND Jack (who was supposed to work the weekend) got the weekend off! Score!
We made it to Friday partially because we received a special care package. My parents sent us fresh manju!!! Colin and I went to town. Our tummies thank you! (Justin didn't want any, and Colin & I didn't ask him again. C & I ate the whole tray!) *not sure what happened, but I can't get this picture to rotate. Turn your head, mom.
For weekend plans, Aarti, Arvindh and Leela took Colin out for a day to the Science Center and an OMNIMAX movie. He raved about this outing and loved every minute. Thank you so much!!! We had to work around Justin's nap so Jack & I ended up keeping him at home for a date day with us. =)
We asked Justin where he wanted to go, and he shouted, "the candy store!" haha. Off we went to the mall. I had to take a picture of this - see, mom... California things are moving to Ohio!!! You don't have to mail me boxes of molasses chips anymore. =)
Lego store next... where he eventually (and proudly) made this creation...
And finally a stop at the candy store. And to eat candy without sharing- that's a real treat.
On Sunday, our good friends, Emily + family had a special day planned for us. They treated us to Disney on Ice!!! So much fun! We loved every aspect of the show and the boys haven't stopped talking about it. "the princesses are pretty." "Merida and the arrow with the fire was scary." "I drank daddy's soda!" haha. What a great way to spend the afternoon. Thank you!
The boys have never seen the Little Mermaid, but they declared Ariel their favorite part of the show. "the mermaid princess" - Colin
I personally liked Merida and her three brothers in Brave.
Justin, Colin and Emily. "Emily is my friend too" - Justin
And at home, Justin is enjoying his last week with his binkies. He was down to 3, but Colin mysteriously found 2 more. (C is known for hiding binkies and finding them later.) Colin found Justin's missing "pink and purple." Yes, he named them. "Where is pink and purple, mommy?"
In case you were wondering how to use 2 binkies....
My favorite Justin quote this weekend:
me: Am I right or am I right? (talking about something)
Justin: Yes. and the kids are left!
hahahahahha!
Colin is less about quotes and more about conversations (which are so much harder to capture on here, and he wouldn't dare let me video tape one). I'll try my best this week to catch something for you.
Happy short work week everyone!
Monday, January 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment