Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mudroom/Entry Bench Complete!


Mudroom project - COMPLETE! The baskets arrived today and our project is finally done!
 On the lower row, we all have slightly different hooks to spice things up a bit.
And our new rule in the house: "You can eat if your jacket is on the hook." To which Colin responded, "You never have to tell us to hang up our jackets. If we're hungry, we'll make sure our jackets are on the hooks." Gotta love that kid.
I ordered the baskets online and Target used a ton of boxes to pack and deliver them. So if you think for a second that this mud room bench would be more exciting than the cardboard boxes that arrived today, you are wrong.  Have you ever seen robots hug? (And yes, J is "spiderman robot")
So some were used as robots (Justin's idea), and some were used for a soccer arcade game. We watched Caine's Arcade and Colin was inspired. He designed it with what we had and I was just there for cardboard box cutting purposes. Felt weird being the worker and not the designer. haha.
 The boys had another special delivery today. Auntie Lin-Shao spoiled them with perfect fitting down-jackets. I can't believe I actually got them to take a picture with them on. They love them! THANK YOU!
And a special shout out to my sister (aka. Auntie Lori) who's not even done with graduate school but successfully landed a job this week! The kids ask why you don't still live with us, and for awhile, I was telling them, "if Auntie Lori doesn't find a job, she may end up living with us." haha. Well, now, I can tell them, "Auntie Lori got a job in Hawaii, so we can visit her!"

2 comments:

Lori said...

I saw your mudroom pics and my first thought was what if they have another kid? Would a fifth section fit on that wall? =o)

Colin would get inspired by Cain's arcade. Was J supervising while C designed the game? =o)

Anonymous said...

Kid #3 can have my slot. I will surely be in the mental hospital if that ever happens. *jamie