Monday, March 26, 2012

Date Nights & Family Time

Date night #1 was my semi-annual date night with Tami. I helped her at the kids resale and we continued our new addition of getting frozen yogurt after we are done with the work!
Family/Date Night #2 was with our old neighbors, Ben & Jesse. They have since moved to a new house and it was so great to catch up with them. What made it even better was that Jack was in charge of dinner - so I didn't cook a thing!

Family Day: Haircuts and playground time...
I just think that Justin is hilarious in this photo! He did well and sat by himself - but he had this look on his face the whole time.
The weather started to cool off towards the end of the week. You know us - we still ventured outside. Played at the playground for a bit.
 Jack dug holes for each of the boys...
Justin pushed this tractor around for about 20 minutes. Colin tried to call him over a couple of times, but Justin could care less. Pure happiness.
Date Night #3: Our good friend Alexis watched the kids while Jack & I went out for the afternoon/night. Jack & I love our date night times and the kids love their Alexis time. Thank you, Alexis! And everyone else can thank her too - she took these pics of her night with the boys!


Alexis insisted on getting a picture of us before we left for the night, and I was thrilled. Jack, on the other hand, was less than thrilled. But he puts up with my craziness. =)
Tonight, I was reading book about funny animal sayings...
Me: "In the doghouse" means that you're in trouble
Colin: I'm not in the doghouse tonight. I was a good listener.

Me: "Empty nest" means that the kids have moved out of the house
Colin: You're going to have an empty nest?
Me: Someday.
Colin: But, I can't leave yet. I can't do that much stuff by myself!
Me: Oh, no! You don't have to leave the house now. Kids leave the house when they get much bigger. 

Me: "rabbit food" means lots of fresh vegetables.
Colin: Mom, you eat rabbit food. Sometimes I do. But not that much.

Justin is developing a nighttime habit....he has to have at least 7-8 books in his bed with him at night. I took them all out tonight because they had piled up to 10+. He immediately walked over to the bookshelf, picked his books and put them all back into his crib.

Justin's favorite book right now is about funny looking animals. He pretty much knows all of the animals in the book from meerkats to lions to raccoons. His favorite ones are the penguins and kangaroos. He has to get off of his chair and walk/jump around just like those animals. I have to call "penguins come back for bedtime" before he comes back to the room to finish the book. I don't have the heart to end his bedtime stall tactic...have you ever seen a 2 year old try to jump like a kangaroo? Or walk like a penguin? It's the best way to end the day.

1 comment:

Lori said...

No I haven't seen a 2 year old walk like a penguin. But I can on youtube! Get to work! Ha! Love you.