Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Weekend updates...

We have limited options when it comes to celebrating Chinese New Year. But we tried to make the most of it by watching some dancers at a cultural show and doing arts & crafts at Whole Foods. Happy New Year!
 I think they loved their car snacks the most.

The kids are doing well - just playing around the house and cooking for most of our "family days." They are hilarious at home - and say the funniest things. My favorite quotes from the weekend:
Justin: Mommy, candy?
(before I could even answer...)
Colin: Justin, you should go ask daddy for candy. Mommy doesn't give us too much sugar snacks. Go ask daddy.
Justin: DADDY!

Jack: It's family clean up time. Everyone who helps gets a snack.
(everyone but Colin starts to clean up.)
Justin: (as he is putting toys away) Colin, no snack. Colin, no snack. Colin, no snack.
Colin: Hey,I want a snack. (then he starts cleaning up)
(We love it when the kids start parenting themselves!)

If you're wondering what we do at home....


And finally, my birthday boots. I asked Jack to take a picture of me and the kids to show off my boots and this is what I find on the camera...
You'd think I committed a crime by posting 2 days late. Love to all. We miss everyone too. =)

4 comments:

Urban Farmer said...

LOL! The boys look like they are really into the Whole Foods CNY celebration.
Nice boots..but I don't understand the boots comments???
I like A. Lori's private video! :)

Lori said...

"I WAn C" - j =)

Your family has the best stories.

Azarah said...

your boys are too smart (love the candy story). and jack's a great photographer :)

Anonymous said...

the cultural dancing was at the town center where we eat dim sum. Then we went to an arts/crafts thing that the library hosted at Whole Foods. It was a decent day - but wish we made it in time to see lion dancing at the town center.
*I asked Jack to take a picture of me and the kids to show off my boots. Instead of taking a picture of all of us - he just took a pic of my boots. Get it? =)