Monday, January 16, 2012

C & J Stories

We had a wonderful, uneventful weekend at home. Jack worked most of the weekend and the weather was chilly. We usually try to get the boys out on errands/outings once a day to run off some energy, but this weekend, we only left once!

Justin vacuums just like his big brother now. And the boys took turns trapping each other in the laundry basket and sitting on each other.
 The boys like to put pajama pants on their heads... odd, I know. And Colin is in a phase of finding and wrapping presents for people. He's wrapping up this box (with J's binkies inside) for Justin.
 Our one outing was for a birthday party...at an ice cream shop and they had a clown who did balloons and magic. The boys, surprisingly, loved the magic and Colin begged to be a volunteer, but they ran out of time.




Other updates....

Colin had his first dentist appointment this week - and, boy, did he surprised us. Jack & I were anticipating much resistance - crying, whining and all! Well, Colin proved us wrong and sat there like a champ. They scraped and cleaned his teeth - and no cavities to report. So proud of him.

Justin woke up and I went to his crib to get him. I walked in and he was pointing to his back saying "nice, nice." The little guy wanted a back rub. =)

Justin didn't eat his dinner.
Me: No dinner, no snack. Colin - you ate your dinner, so you get a snack.
Justin: (looking sad)
Colin: Maybe you can give him a snack because he looks really sad.
Justin: (still looking sad)
Me: You're being a very good big brother.
Colin: Look at how sad he looks. I think we should just give him some snack.
Me: I guess we can this one time.
Justin: (biggest smile ever) Thank you Colin. Thank you Mommy.

Justin: Pee-pee in the potty.
Me: Yay, let's go...
Justin: Pee-pee. see. Yay, Justin!
Me: (clapping, congratulating, screaming) YAY!

Colin crying in time-out...
Justin: Mommy, up?
Me: I'm not going to carry you. No up.
Justin: Colin cry.
Me: Yes, Colin is crying.
Justin: Justin no cry. Up?
Me: okay. =)

Colin: mom, can you come to the potty with me?
Me: No. Ask your brother.
Colin: Justin, if you come with me, I'll give you a present.
Justin: YAY!!!!! (Follows Colin upstairs)

I'm doing dishes...
Colin: No hitting.
Justin: (hits C again)
Colin: Mom, Justin hit me two times and I told him no hitting.
Me: Justin, did you hit your brother?
Justin: (turns to Colin) I'm sorry, Colin. Hug?
Colin: Just stop hitting me.

Colin: I want to play that money game. (as he is dumping the coins out of his piggy bank.)
Me: What money game?
Colin: The one in Hawaii.
Me: I don't remember a money game.
Colin: You know. The one with hi-bachan, with the money in the middle of the table.
Me: ohh....poker!
Colin: Yes, poker. I want to play poker!


Jack worked all weekend...
Colin: I know something.
Me: What?
Colin: Daddy is like Santa Claus.
Me: What makes you say that?
Colin: He comes to our house when we are sleeping. Just like Santa.
Me: Oh, you're right...Good thinking.
Colin: But there are no presents when we wake up. So he's not the real Santa.

And just when you think you're a semi-good mama, you hear your 4 year old get frustrated and say, "oh. my. god. what is wrong with you?" to your 2 year old. I'm not 100% sure that I actually said this to one of them, but it sure sounds like me, right? Reminder to self: Be kind if you want your kids to be kind... They are always listening! =) Gotta work on that.

Have a wonderful rest of the week...

4 comments:

Lori said...

"I'm sorry Colin, hug?" "Just stop hitting me" LOL

I love all the brotherly love and play. You are capturing some of the best moments ever.

Urban Farmer said...

I don't think that comment "OMG, what is wrong with you" sounds like you at all!
But its a good reminder for all of us..kids are always watching and listening.
Love your stories...it shows that Colin really thinks about things! Very smart.

Lily said...

Jamie! I swear reading this reminds me of my life with my two boogers! I was cracking up! Especially in the end when Colin said, "omg!" Have a beautiful day!

Lori said...

I love how happy the boys look in the clown pic.