And we're not even on vacation! Oh, how the sun and warmer weather came out in Ohio and treated us to crisp, fall-like weather. We loved every minute and headed outdoors - 2 playground trips in 1 weekend!
Also, spent time with family to celebrate Grandma's birthday. All of the grandkids tried to blow out her candles - so she had to guard her own cake. We made corned beef - and I made cabbage two ways. One traditional and one steamed with bacon. Cabbage + bacon = tasty!
Warning: Don't let the kids read past this point.... C & J found the elf. Jack and I weren't paying full attention, and Colin got into some boxes in the basement. Long story short, he came to me with this in his hands...
Then they started playing hockey with it... "We're going to hockey it." - C & "HOCKEY IT!" - J
Not sure what's going to happen now... Perhaps this elf will go back to the North Pole and Santa will still send an elf next year? We'll see....
And lastly, the boys don't really like it when I vacuum, but Colin loves the hand-held sized one. He's already vacuumed twice this weekend. Jack & I are loving it!
Kid updates:
Justin has been peepee-ing in the potty every now and again, but this weekend, I think he did it 3 times. Lots of happy dancing in our house! He's also talking up a storm - literally repeating whatever Colin says. And talking on his own - "c'mon mommy. please help justin." Or when he asks to watch TV, he says "VT, VT, VT!" haha.
Colin has been testing me all week. Pushing his limits and mine. Whining, crying, screaming, negotiating. It's all been a lot. After school one day he wouldn't stop this constant whining noise, so I yelled at him. He got scared and stopped. Later that night, I tucked him in bed:
Me: Colin, mommy was frustrated today when you were screaming in the car.
Colin: I know.
Me: I need you to listen to me the first time. I get very frustrated when you do not listen.
Colin: (quiet)
Me: I need you to listen to me the first time. What's another way mommy can ask you to stop screaming so you stop?
Colin: (jumps up and stands on his bed and starts hula dancing) You can do this.
Me: Huh?
Colin: You can dance like this and I'll stop screaming.
*Perhaps we need to rethink our child rearing...Would I rather spank or hula dance in public?
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Omg Jamie I love reading the kids conversations! I feel lke we are on the same boat with the older ones testing us! It must be the age?
When will you be back to visit? Sounds like life is good! Happy new year!
Lily
Happy Birthday Peg! Hope you had a nice one....and many, many more.
Post a Comment